Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizard74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Tenant issues
    Hi there have a problem with a tenant who s rent is in arrears his contract has ended so should be paying monthly has missed last 2 payments can he be evicted immediately or does section 21 need to be served then 2 months from there help
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Sep 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
    In what state is the property located?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Generally you can give him a 3-10 day pay or quit notice (depending on where you are). If he pays he gets to stay. If the 3-10 days expire without payment or vacating you can file for an eviction order.

Or, you can give him one rental period's notice that you are terminating tenancy, and if he doesn't comply, get an eviction notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate law in regard to Tenant issues in New York City(Bronx) [ 1 Answers ]

I live with the mother of my 4 children, The oldest is 18 yrs.then 17 and 13 and 14. The 2 youngest are on Social Security (SSI).The mother's name has never been on the lease or any utilites .the 4 children have the mother's last name , Because my last name was never on the birth certificets. I...

Tenant turned landlord issues [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I began renting an apartment in a converted house in Dec. of '06. The house we were living in went on the market in the summer of '07. I bought the house in August of '07, at the same time we were splitting up. She has yet to pick up her belongings and I am wondering when I...

Tenant Issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tenant who pays the rent habitually late. And two of her rent checks have bounced in the last year and a half. Her lease is up in May can I evict her prior to the expiration of her lease? Is her security deposit defaulted? Can she be required to pay all of the fees incurred as a result...

View more questions Search