Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adigiorgio Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 11:41 AM
    1940's Character Actor
    This unmistakable 1940's character actor, a former journalist, had a brief but memorable film career, and appears uncredited as a pirate in 1942's 'The Black Swan". Name the actor.
    bal162 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Hi:
    I think you're looking for Thomas Mitchell. Even though he appears credited in the Internet Movie Database, I don't believe he is actually credited in the film during the opening credits (there are no closing credits). Mitchell was a journalist like his father and grandfather before pursuing acting.

Hope that helps!
    anasta Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bal162
    Hi:
    I think you're looking for Thomas Mitchell. Even though he appears credited in the Internet Movie Database, I don't believe he is actually credited in the film during the opening credits (there are no closing credits). Mitchell was a journalist like his father and grandfather before pursuing acting.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Mitchell is credited in the opening. Two possible answers, Charles Francis or Stuart Robertson, but which one is journaslist?
    billnutt Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anasta
    Thomas Mitchell is credited in the opening. Two possible answers, Charles Francis or Stuart Robertson, but which one is journaslist?
    It's neither.

Try searching Wikipedia.

I'm sorry I'm not being more direct, but I found the answer through good old grunt-work and Internet surfing! I'm a little reluctant to give direct help to someone who might be in direct competition with me.

I've already given you more help than I had.

I _do_ sincerely wish you good luck.

Bill

Feb 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Now it can be told: His name was Rondo Hatton. He suffered from a disease that made the bones in his face grow faster than the other bones in his body.

He had a brief career playing movies - mainly horror movies. His most high-profile part was as the runner-up in the "ugly man" contest in the 1930s version of THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME.
    bal162 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Yep - I found out the right answer to this one on Sunday... but I had sent in my answer sheet on Saturday. It's total karma for me to get this one wrong - I had Fortunio Bonanova. I was trying to steer people in the wrong direction :)

This should be the only one I got wrong though... we shall see.

Feb 28, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Yep - I found out the right answer to this one on Sunday...but I had sent in my answer sheet on Saturday. It's total karma for me to get this one wrong - I had Fortunio Bonanova. I was trying to steer people in the wrong direction :)

This should be the only one I got wrong though...we shall see.

Good luck! We'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    anasta Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Yep - I found out the right answer to this one on Sunday...but I had sent in my answer sheet on Saturday. It's total karma for me to get this one wrong - I had Fortunio Bonanova. I was trying to steer people in the wrong direction :)

This should be the only one I got wrong though...we shall see.

Looks like you'll be the winner, I already found out two mistakes.
    Congratulations!

Feb 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anasta
    Looks like you'll be the winner, I already found out two mistakes.
    Congratulations!
    I appreciate the thought, but I'm sure there are other folks out there who have as many (or more) questions right.

And even if I get every question right, I still have to be picked at random from all the other entrants who got them all right.

So - we'll see! But thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1940's or 50's movie about 4 married couples [ 2 Answers ]

My dad keeps talking about a movie where these four married couples are all going to get a divorce for various reasons. One couple are in a television show within the movie who are also married on the show and another couple are wealthy. The wealthy couples wife is like Anna Nicole Smith who is...

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

Movie title, actor and actress [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie on TV. It was about a couple who rented this house on a lake or island, and the only way you can get there was by boat. His wife had recently died and he rented the house to get away from it all. The women rented the same house but didn't know he rented it and was...

Soap Actor [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone te;ll me the name of the Actor who played 'Christian' in Hollyoaks??

What actor died on boat near Mexico ? [ 5 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's there was a TV or movie actor that died aboard a private boat off the coast of Mexico. With him were three Mexican woman companions. I can't remember the name of the actor. Does anyone know with certainty who it was ?

View more questions Search