Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabriele Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2007, 02:12 AM
    Drilling glass
    I want to drill a hole into a goldfish bowl - for the wire to go through - turning it into a lamp - How should I do this without the glass cracking many thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 04:58 AM
    I work with various thicknesses of glass all the time and you can't cut a hole with just an ordinary drill. You would have to buy a special diamond bit. I would say a little too expensive if you are not going to do this again.

I would suggest a glass cutter, very carefully, and a good blunt tap while praying would do the trick. Either that or find someone to do it for you, but all of this certainly not worth a goldfish bowl turning into a lamp base !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Drilling in Alaska [ 18 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of drilling oil in Alaska? Should we or shouldn't we?

Drilling a hole in glass [ 3 Answers ]

How do I drill a hole in glass? Do I need a special bit or tool?

Drilling Glass Block.. . [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings! I want to drill into glass block. I have a good handheld battery drill and a new glass drill bit, any suggestions?

Drilling holes [ 2 Answers ]

I need to drill a4" vent hole for a water heater in side of my house to connect the venting. What is the best drill to use and any avice on problems imight run into?

Drilling floor joists [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a central vac center as an installer and my boss says it is OK to drill 2 1/4 in holes in joists vertically and horizontally. He also tells me to drill in any board, laminated, tji, beams, anything. Is there codes for this?

View more questions Search