Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confusedlostmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 06:38 PM
    My fiancé signing birth certificate
    Im not sure the father (no negative comments please) who he is. One possibility is a drug user and I have a picture he put on fb using needles. My current fiancé I was going to let him sign the birth certificate and send it off. He's been with me before she was born n takes care of her. THe drug user says he will take me to court and is trying to get money. My question is can he take me if I let my fiancé sign it and how much trouble would I get in if he can take me? State of ar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusedlostmom View Post
    Im not sure the father (no neg comments please) who he is. One possibility is a drug user and I have a picture he put on fb using needles. My current fiancé I was goin to let him sign the birth certificate and send it off. He's been with me before she was born n takes care of her. THe drug user says he will take me to court and is trying to get money. My question is can he take me if I let my fiancé sign it and how much trouble would I get in if he can take me? State of ar

It's a felony to file a false instrument SO you need to have DNA testing before you put someone on the birth certificate.

I have no idea what the drug addict possible father is going to try to get money for - why would you pay him?

What am I missing here?

Sep 5, 2012, 09:38 AM
    I'm not paying him he's doing tattoos to get money to take me to court. I don't want my child around a drug user. If she is his hell get visitation
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 09:46 AM
    I'm not paying him he's doing tattoos to get money to take me to court. I don't want my child around a drug user. If she is his hell get visitation
    DNA proves paternity, not the name on the birth certificate. Again, it is a felony to file a false instrument.

Go to Court with proof and, no, he won't get vistitation.

The Court is going to ask if you knew he was a drug user when you were having sex with him.

Sep 5, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    DNA proves paternity, not the name on the birth certificate. Again, it is a felony to file a false instrument.

Go to Court with proof and, no, he won't get vistitation.

The Court is going to ask if you knew he was a drug user when you were having sex with him.
    He told me he stopped and wasn't going to smoke weed anymore and when I found out he did I left
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 10:37 AM
    He told me he stopped and wasn't goin to smoke weed anymore and when I found out he did I left

You posted that he's a drug user and posed with needles for his FB photo -

Now you say he's smoking weed?

Is he a drug user, pot smoker, something else?

Those are very different accusations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Certificate Signing Question [ 13 Answers ]

I'm in a relationship with a woman who happened to find out that she was pregnant from her ex on our first date. I am not the one to judge because I have a 2-year old. The ex wants nothing to do with it and even stated that he wants to lose all rights for the expected baby. I plan on continuing our...

Signing birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I am going through this same thing but how can you get into trouble? WHAT IF she didn't know who was the dad between the two of them and the boyfriend married her before the baby came?

Do you need an ID when signing a birth certificate if you are under 18? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 and my girlfriend is pregnant and she is due any day now. She is 16, and a friend of the family told me that in the state of Florida you have to have some form of state identification in order to sign the birth certificate. I was just wondering if that was true? And will I be able to sign...

Possible father signing the Birth Certificate [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I am 4 months pregnant. There are two possible fathers to my child and I am unsure who is the biological one. One of the guys, I haven't spoken to in over 3 months, and the other is set on being the father, he has taken me to doctor appointments, he wants the baby to have his lastname and be...

Boyfriend signing birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My baby's biological father has not been around for about 7 months now. Not even so much as a phone call which doesn't bother me at all considering he lives 3 hours away and can't manage his money for crap he's financially unstable but anyway my boyfriend has been here for every bit of this...

View more questions Search