Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C_Child Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Child of dead beat dad
    Hello. I recently found out that my dad died. I only met a few times in my life. He never was around when I was growing up and didn't pay child support. My mom had liens on everything but he would just put everything in my step mothers name so we couldn't get to it. We live in California and he lived in Arizona. Well he owes for both child support and interest on unpaid child support. My mom was able to finally get the child support debt paid which leaves the interest on the back child support. My dad has passed and he still owes my mom $40,000 in interest. How does she go about getting that money from my step mother? I hear she has a life insurance policy that is to pay $150,000 can my mom somehow get paid before my step mother? Where do we go from here? I would really like to put all of this to rest and move on. Any advice?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:54 AM

Since the life insurance goes to a beneficiary and not the estate, it was never his for him to get.

Your mom needs to contact child support enforcement for your state and explain to them the situation. Chances are though that she is out the 40k.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead beat dad [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 years and her father doesn't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have...

Dead beat dad [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 yeasrs and her father dosen't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have...

Dead beat father & child custody and visitation in TX [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Kay and my child is 10 months old. His father has only seen him a handful of times and is currently in jail. He is not on my child's birth certificate. His father has a history of drug abuse and violance tendencies but nothing I can prove cause he has never been caught doing any of...

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

View more questions Search