Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kivatrader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Cast Iron Soil PIpe Coupling
    We've had to relocate our house clean-out in the 4" Cast Iron Soil pipe leading to our septic tank. It would have been under a new exterior wall, so we had a section of cast iron removed. The new soil line will be accessible from the new crawl space, so most of it will be PVC, but one end of the cut stub of old pipe is under ground. I understand our local code wants cast iron underground, not pvc, so I'm going to have to put a short length of cast iron pipe on the stub to extend into the crawl space and through the new foundation wall.

I have used up the budget for plumbing and will need to do this myself. How do you create a joint in cast iron pipe? I'm a good pipe and copper sweat fitter, but cast iron is a new one for me. Any suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 1, 2008, 05:47 AM
    How do you create a joint in cast iron pipe?
    When we have two bald pieces of cast iron pipe to join we use No-Hub Clamps, (see images) to join the two pieces together. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! We're fixing a cast iron soil pipe & NEED HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

OK - short history of our problem! - We have a 60 yr old house - crawl space - cast iron pipes... Last week we had a back up from the washer into the tub & toilet - from the tub into the toilet... We have only 1 bath so this was VERY BAD! :( - Called Roto Rooter - $270 later - and an extra trip...

Cast Iron WC Soil Pipe is Huge? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi We are about to change our really old fashioned toilet to a close coupled sort, well that's the plan! But the cast iron toilet soil pipe is so long, its sticks through from the wall about 10", can it be reduced in length so we can fit a closer loo to the wall? If so, what's the best way to do...

Cast iron soil pipe shortening [ 2 Answers ]

I need to trim the end of a 4 inch cast iron soil pipe. What is the smallest piece I can cut off with a soil pipe cutter?

Cast iron soil stack to pvc [ 15 Answers ]

the plumbing in our house is from 1936. We noticed a large stain in the ceiling, tore it out to reveal the cast iron soil stack (runs from the upstairs bathroom turns a corner then runs straight to the basement) and found the leak was around (very bad leak) the lead joint. My husband finally got...

Cast iron soil pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would appreciate very much if someone could clarify some questions I have on oakum/lead joints I have 3 horizontal hub and spigot joints to repair on 4" cast iron sewer pipe. The pipe itself is @ 5 years old. I would like to know if this is the correct way to solve this problem... ...

View more questions Search