Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiredmom1978 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Eastern Religion Elements
    What are some Historical Figures and events for Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism? I am doing an assigment on these religions and have no clue and have ran into a road block so I thought I would ask for a little help here. Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me.

If you can help does anyone know of some sites I could look at to get more answers and study these religions more?
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jan 7, 2009, 07:56 PM

Well for starters Google (or Yahoo, etc.) the names of the religions. Also a review of the history of India and China would do no harm if you have the time. History of India for Hinduism and Buddhism), and China (Buddhism (again I think), Confucianism, and Doaism). The roots of Hinduism go a LONG way back so you probably won't find anything more than legendary figures early on. People who actually know the subject can correct me but that's my impression from what I have read. That's not to say later history does not hold names.

HOWEVER>>>>While I yield to no one in my respect for info available on the Internet, I really would hope you have a local library with a section holding real books on religion (not just Christianity, Judaism and Islam). Unless you are on a short schedule, that would really be the best way to approach this, I think. Even a good encyclopedia like Britannica would be better and, frankly, probably give a more orderly presentation than the internet - and perhaps give you ideas on other names to Google.

Schools DO still have encyclopedias, right??

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I find Countries of Origin, historical figurs and events, central beliefs, nature of God, texts, ritual and practice (sacred elements & their meaning), ethics, and morality for each of these religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Daoism. All responses will be greatly...

Eastern Religion Elements Matrix [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find the countries nature of god hitorical figures events,rituals and practice,etics and morality of all the eastern religions

How to get rid of eastern tent caterpillars [ 5 Answers ]

My 2 crab trees have eastern tent caterpillars, how do I get rid of them for good? {moved from Forum Help-<>}

Eastern religion elements matrix [ 1 Answers ]

What are the countries of origin for origin,origin,Confucianism,Daoism

Eastern Religions [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone please help me by answering this question. What are the historical events and figures for Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and daoism?

View more questions Search