Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nidoosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Creditors calling my work
    How can I stop a creditor from calling my work, he is threatening to tell my employer my situation
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2011, 06:44 PM

He CANNOT tell your employer (in the US), that's against the law. For that matter the THREAT to call your employer is against the law.

Tell "him" that and then report the agency to your State's Attorney General.

Tell him to STOP calling you and if you can get an address, send him a letter telling him to STOP calling you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 7 what if you still get creditors calling [ 7 Answers ]

If you are still waiting for your discharge papers and some collectors are still sending you letters what should you do?

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

Creditors calling at work [ 3 Answers ]

I have notified the agency previously, via fax and it is noted in their system not to contact me at work. The representative stated that the account was past due and they had no other way to contact me. Do they still have the right to harrass me on my job regardless of the status of my account?...

Creditors calling at work [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anything I can do if I have already instructed a company not to contact me at work and they do anyway?

View more questions Search