Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilly917 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Adoption by husband
    I am marrying my boyfriend soon and after, We want him to adopt my daughter. I don't know who her biological father is because of certain circimstances. There is no fathers name on her birth certificate, only mine. What would I have to do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 05:48 PM

This will be up to the judge and your states rules. It is possible that they will want or require you to attempt to find the father and get him to sign over his rights.

First of course you will need to be married and normally married for one year ( in most states) you will need an attorney, it is possible they may allow a public posting of the adoption giving the possible father to come forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband adoption [ 3 Answers ]

How does my husband begin the process to adopt my children.

Husband signed off rights 11 years ago for adoption. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are in a legal mess. He signed off rights to his son eleven years ago so that the step father could adopt. Now in December 07 he received a summons to court for child support. Apparently the adoption never went through, she got divorced and now wants support. He is already paying...

Loving husband needs adoption papers for step son [ 1 Answers ]

Please dose anyong have paper they can email me blank in posable I need them I can not find them online anywhere I can trust!! My husband is going to adopt my son he is the best dad ever his real dad signd the paper giving up his rights now I just need the paper for adoption:rolleyes:

Adoption of a soon to be husband [ 1 Answers ]

My soon to be husband has been there for my son since Ive separated and divorced my ex husband who is in and out of mine and my sons life constently. My ex is in somewhere in California and I have no direct way to contact him. My soon to be wants to adopt him after we get married. How does this...

View more questions Search