Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadowx360 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Autorun.inf File
    Ok, so I made an autorun.inf file on my CD. However, when it runs, it autoruns, but an error message pops up: "E:\ access is denied". This is due to shell blocking of my autorun, for if I go and double click it, it says the same thing. What is the problem here? Here is my autorun.inf:

[autorun]
    icon=lilguy.ico
    open=\V2M1\autoexec.bat
    action=CLick 'OK' to view the contents of this drive
    shell\open\command=\V2M1\autoexec.bat

There is nothing wrong with autoexec.bat, since this does not work with any file I put there instead of autoexec.bat
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Edit your autoexec.bat file and see what commands are being run there
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 04:34 PM

That's is a virus or malware of some kind try to run a full scan on your computer with a good anti malware software and that should be fix..
    shadowx360 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    That's is a virus or malware of some kind try to run a full scan on your computer with a good anti malware software and that should be fix..
    Yeah,that's what every wanabe computer tech guy says. Your computer has a virus. Run a scan. If you are any bit smart, you would know that the windows xp has the registry key that prevents the execution of files from autorun.inf if the file isn't in the root directory of the drive. I posted that to see how smart you guys are and that tells me something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom Autorun Options [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a portable version of the Firefox browser on my USB memory key. When I insert the key into a USB port, the autorun dialog pops up (see attached image). How can I add "Launch Portable Firefox" to this list? Moishe

Auto.exe and autorun.inf [ 5 Answers ]

I accidentally deleted both auto.exe and autorun.inf in my drive C, since both were detected as virus. But after doing so, my drive C can not be opened anymore... I can not restore the deleted files anymore despite doing "system restore" What to do now? Help...

Autorun dialog [ 9 Answers ]

Why every time I insert some devices into my laptop USB port, Autorun dialog did not pops up ? :mad: How to enable it ? :confused:

View more questions Search