Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raghu12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Refund amount
    Thanks!

Could you tell me what would be the refund amount (approx), if I file non resident alien (married with no kid) 1040NR?

I had this question to know if there is different in refund amount in single filing and joint filing where in wife has no income. How much would the amount be?

Raghu12
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
    It is impossible to estimate whether you'd be getting a tax refund or how much it would be without knowing your income and amount of taxes already withheld. In general your taxes are lower I(and refund larger) if you file as Married Filing Jointly rather than as Married Filing Separately.

If on the other hand you are asking about the economic stimulus payment - referred to as a rebate in some publications - then you should know that if ether you or your wife does not have a social security number you are ineligible to receive the payment if you file as MFJ. However, if you have a SS number and she does not, then filing as Married Filing Separately would allow you to receive the basic $600 payment (assuming your tax liability in 2007 was at least that much).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am asking if anyone know the amount of time [ 2 Answers ]

That I would spend in jail for vop and dui and driving on suspended in the state of Fl

Amount of food [ 9 Answers ]

Good morning. I have a baby 6 months old, I want to start with solids but I do not know how much and what to give. I gave 1 banana in the morning. Is it too much? Nicole

Help with calculating amount of Fe [ 2 Answers ]

I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol. At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here. This is what I did. I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be...

View more questions Search