Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Jan 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
    Am I that bad?
    Ok, so I am in year 12 this year, and I have an issue.<full explanation>

I currently live in New Zealand and I am from overseas,this is my 2nd time living here, the 1st was when I was 6 and I went back again and then the second was when I was 10 and that was 6 years ago. Now I am 16 and facing a huge problem. I am apparently suppose to go back (overseas) in 6 months! Now that I have lived in NZ for 6 years I seriously don't want to go back. I don't want leave my friends to go to another school.

And say I did go, I am suppose to come back (NZ) again in 1 and half years and go to uni.
    The first time I went back and fourth I didn't really care because I was very little, but now.. I DO! And the reason my parents are taking me back is because I don't do so well in school! (thats what they think)

They think I do poorly in school, but they never really consider the fact that I get A's in business studies and in accounting, and even other subjects, they always look for the bad..

I am not some guy who blames others, I can take a lot of crap. I do all the time from everywhere, but this is just too much. I would like some sort of appreciation at least right.
    I am not involved with drugs or alcohol or stuff like that either.

Seriously "poorly" that's pretty sad, and talking to others about it isn't so nice either...

These are my final years in school and I 'had' a lot to look forward to. I don't want o screw myself up, getting used a new school, and syllabus. I admit I not smart! But I do know that I have to well to get around. I don't really care about school right now, just want a life, this is like a game, you press a button and I move.

If it just so happens that I have to leave, I will seriously go bad. I will never do anything right and I honestly will not give a F#@% about anything.

I would jump off the plane if I have 2,lol.
    -so...
    Pagan_soul Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 06:26 PM
    This post really grabbed my interest... because it seems that we have a lot in common. I moved to New Zealand whan I was younge, and I've been here ever since. I'm nearly 16, and I know I'd find it really hard to leave everyone.
    BUT, where as you want to stay, I'd give anything to see my family again. I'd love to move away for a year to see them, as long as it meant I could come back.

I suggest you tell your parents how you feel, and how much our country means to you. Maybe you could ask your teachers to show them you're NCEA exam results and duscuss it with them?
    I'm sorry if this didn't help much. Best of luck with the situation.

Jan 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Yeah I understand what your saying, I also would love to seem my family, but its just going to live overseas for 1 and half years is simply too much when your in year 12
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 14, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Talk to your parent's and explain how you feel. If they aren't willing to talk and listen they aren't very good parent's --in my opinion. Just don't get an attitude. Be calm. Sadly, if they aren't very caring about your feelings you will be stuck doing what they want. I mean you have to since you're a minor. So just talk to them and if the respect you you will all come to a median, maybe not the one you want but close enough.

Jan 14, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Noo no they are very caring parents, they just don't trust me on anything. And well yeah

Edit--> I'm not going with out a fight either!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 15, 2007, 02:16 PM
    I have moved a lot in my time, I have lived in over 14 different houses and a number of states. Never overseas though. I can empathize with you to a point, because let's face it moving sucks, no matter what circumstances provoked it or even how old you are. I think I agree with the majority here, when I say compromise with your parents. That's really the only way, maybe leave for only 6 months? Apparently for you any compromise is better than nothing, and if they truly are as caring as you state, I'm sure you will strike a common ground. I would advise you to keep level headed when you confront them, and approach the situation as you did here. State your case very calmly, and remember to hear their rebuttal. Don't block them out, because if you don't listen to them, they won't listen to you. Remember that you are having a discussion and that you need to maintain your neutrality. All in all, I believe that you can find some sort of compromise and everything will be better, and to be honest sometimes, and trust me on this one, those compromises can be just what you need...

Jan 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
    New news----------- I'm not going to be able to come back
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jan 15, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Congratulations

Jun 24, 2007, 09:10 AM
    --6 months later--

Yeap.. it didn't go so well.. :mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Help with life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Lori my b-day is 10/04/83, I am just completely confused in life. Can you please tell me what my future will bring me career wise? What type of industry will I work in? Where will I be located? Any info will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Don't really know what to do with my life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have just received my A level results (qualifications that lead to university for those non-UK people out there) and they were not what I had expected. I got BBC bit needed to get AAB to secure my place to do Optometry at Cardiff University. I am going to retake my A levels to get the right...

View more questions Search