Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fearful Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Stretch marks depress me
    Hello,

I'm not sure whether this should be in this section or the skinsection, but here goes anyway. I am 18 years old, and by no means fat, I am a UK size 10/12. However I have these HORREDNOUS stretch marks on my boobs, hips and back and also my inner thighs and top of the legs. They're mainly whitey silvery colour, some are purple, but they shine and are really obviously! I have very little self confidence in myself as it is, as lads have always been more interested in my friends and things throughout my life, but recently I have been getting to know this lad, well actually for about 10 months and I really like him, but I keep telling myself I cannot go into a relationship as I fear that I will fall madly in love with someone then come to see my body they will run a mile. I think about it all the time and it really depresses me, NO lad is going to want a 18 year old girl covered in horrible stretch marks are they? Is there anything I can do, as it is really upsetting me! I have joined a gym in the hope if I loose weight they might shrink, but I know that's not going to happen, and to be honest I don't really need to loose weight! PLEAASE PLEASE HELP ME!
    emoXpixxie Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2007, 05:46 AM
    You can get skincare products that help with stretch marks, but that isn't really your problem. There is nothing wrong with stretch marks they are totally normal everyone gets them. This guy you like, if you guys fall in love he's not going to care what your body looks like, and if he does, it's his loss and he's not worth it. Also, stretch marks fade after a while anyway. I've got some, and I was paranoid for a while, but then I realised it doesn't matter. The guy will like you for you and not how you look.
    annaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Hey there,

I know exactly what you feel... I have stretch marks too... but don't you give up on yourself.
    Consult a dermatologist; I heard the new generation of laser treatment got pretty advanced nowadays.
    Besides, and this is what I’m trying to find, there is Stem Cells therapy that erases them completely, or so I heard.
    I completely understand you, don’t you let anyone tell you how to be comfortable with your own body…if any problem bothers you…just get rid of it.
    Life is too beautiful to worry about such nasty things
    It doesn’t mean you should be always focusing on your shape & body, but obviously when something bothers you so much, it means something.
    Go ahead, start searching, & if you hear anything about the stem cells therapy, let me know :)

Ciao
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Do you really want to be with a guy who won't love you for who you are?
    annaa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Well, what ca I say, feeling beautiful has nothing to do with love... it's about self satisfaction.
    Investing in your own beauty, is like investing in yourself developpement, unless it becomes an addiction of course.
    And talking about love, why do we shave our legs & put makeup? After all, we can ask the guy to love us just for who we are no?
    Of course beauty is not the only important issue, but feeling beautiful is extremely important when it comes to happiness... :)
    mhotak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 07:58 PM
    That's not fair. I have been married to a man who had known me with my stretch marks and we have two childre now, who gave me more stretch marks... and he still loves me. But, yeah... you can try the strechmark cream at Macy's.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strech Marks [ 5 Answers ]

I'm only 15 and I already have stretch marks. They are really visible but not in an area that people see often. And the thing is that I'm not even chubby, I'm not skinny, I weigh 110 pounds but I have stretch marks in that part of my body, that isn't even that big. I want to know how to get rid of...

Help pimple marks... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem I have pimples in my body I just don´t know how to get rid of it I am afraid to wear bikinis because of the marks I have them in my back and my thighs please tell me what to use to get rid of it ?

Proofreading Marks [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a poster that shows the proofreading marks students and teachers can use to edit written material. Can anyone tell me where I can find one?

Pimple marks [ 2 Answers ]

I have lots of red pimple marks on my face and I want to get rid from that ugly marks.I have tried a lot of treatments but nothing has worked for me.I have also done chemical peel on my face but that also didn't produce desired results.Please suggest me some methods so that I can get rid from these...

View more questions Search