Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angie7998 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2006, 09:36 AM
    92 Honda Accord Dies at stop lights
    Hello I Have a 92 Honda Accord Automatic that is having problems. For the last couple weeks it seems to be idleing low when you are at a stop light or stop sign like in the 500 range. Well the other day at stop it died and about 20 minutes later it started again. Well 2 days after that it did the same thing except for this time it would not start back up even the next day it would not start so we tested the spark and there was no spark so we replaced the distributor, the ignition coil and the main relay just to be safe, Car started back up just fine then well now its 2 days after I replaced all those parts and on my way to work the thing died 3 times at stop lights lucklily it started back up right away, It still seem to be idleing low we checked the timing and it was right on. But it was idleing normal when it died today it only idles low when the car warms up. So I am confused on what could be wrong, I have read that it could be the fuel filter, vacuum lines or the throttle posistion? Anyone have any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Do a Google search on cleaning your IACV or EACV valve. I think I remember something about that being the problem...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 Honda Accord Dies at random; Won't Start [ 13 Answers ]

Mom has a 98 Accord. Car dies intermittently, and then won't start. HOW IT DIES: The RPM's gradually drop (at random) until the idle no longer keeps the engine running. If you notice it dropping, you can give it gas and "ressurrect the idle" - which seems to be fine for awhile after. ...

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

2000 Honda Accord dash lights [ 32 Answers ]

The dash lights went out on my 2000 accord LX 6 cyl coupe. I have no dashlights or radio lights. I checked all the fuses and this did not help. It is not the bulbs as the lights come on on the clock and radio when the headlights are off. Please help.

1999 Accord dies unexpectedly and won't restart [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. This problem has actually been happening for over a year, but was so infrequent in the beginning and has become more serious. I never know when it will die, so I avoid freeway driving, since the car could die, it is like a deathtrap. It is due for a tune-up... does anyone know if the main...

94 Honda Accord - Dashboard Lights [ 1 Answers ]

Even though my dashboard is lit up, the gauge needles including speedometer are not. You can't see how fast you are going or even the gas tank level. What causes this?

View more questions Search