Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newstamps Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Toilet 9" center on slab going to 12" center - HOW
    I took out an American Standard toilet with a 9 inch from the wall center. I want to install
    A 12 inch from the wall Toto water saving toilet. I am working on a slab (no basement).
    Is there an adaptor I can use? If so do I have to raise the toilet to make room for the adapter? OR is there another way to go?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 03:05 PM

I have seen 10" toilets but not a 9". In any case you can build out the wall to fill the void or install an offset flange adapter which will require hammering out some of the slab. You can get 2.5" closer with the offset.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 03:28 PM

Bob, he's going from 10" to 12". So you will either have to break up a little concrete and use offset flange as Bob suggested, or break up a lot of concrete and repipe under concrete to achieve a 12" from finished wall to center of closet flange. You could also build a platform to make the offset. I think you would be better off to just look around and find a 10" rough toilet that you like. All new toilets are water savers, so you just need to find one that you like the looks of. Im pretty sure Toto makes a 10" toilet. They are a little more spendy, but will save you alot of work in the end. please let us know what you decide.

And Bob(ballengerb1) is correct. They only make toilets in 10,12, and 14".
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 03:56 AM
    Hi all:

Actually, Tom showed me that a company named DURAUIT makes an 8" rough in toilet (called the "happy D series".. I think)... see picture.

Expensive... almost $500.00... but an alternative! Just FYI.. :)

Otherwise, as stated by these guys... offset flange or breaking out the floor is best way to move the toilet!

MARK
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 2, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Hi Newstamps, You are lucky. You have selected the correct toilet brand for your situation. TOTO actually makes adjustable Closet Ring Base to fit some of their toilets. These special, custom, Bases start at 9" on center. See the photo...
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

3" Slab Drain For Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 3 inch slab drain in a basement bath I am finishing. The 3" pipe is cut flush with the floor. I bought a spigot connection closet flange which fits into the 3" drain and has a epdm or rubber seal. My ring on the toilet will not fit into the mouth of the flange which is less than three...

Is center pulley available for mtd 42" deck? [ 1 Answers ]

Yardman by mtd autoDrivelawn tractor model T604 G Mowing deck 42 inch Is the Center Pulley avallable and the parts number.. Thanks Jack

How to "cap off" electrical outlet in center of yard [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old floodlight sitting in the center of my front yard that used to light a flagpole. We had to take it down due to corrosion, and now, we don't have a clue on how to get rid of the floodlight. Please assist, and thanks in advance :)

View more questions Search