Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biglove93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Could my girlfriend be pregnant?
    Me and my girlfriend had sex 3 days before her period, we used a condom but it popped, after we had sex she never had her period, she is now 12 days late... could she be pregnant?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 08:56 AM
    If you have sex, protected or not there is always a chance of pregnancy. Nothing but abstinence is 100% Time to purchase a Home Pregnancy Test. May I ask how old you are?
    biglove93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2011, 09:11 AM
    I'm 18. Is it possible for her to get pregnant that fast and for her period to stop that quick? I mean it was only 3 days before her period but she never had it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Yes, that is how it works.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 21, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Yep, Fr_Chuck pretty much summed it up. That's how pregnancy works. It really doesn't matter WHEN on her cycle you have sex, if you have sex, there's a chance you can get pregnant. Of course there are more fertile days than others, and J_9 can correct me if I am wrong, but I am fairly certain you are most fertile 12-14 days BEFORE your period. If the sperm met the egg, then nope she sure wouldn't have a period, because she would be pregnant.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
    It is also possible that her period is off from the sex right before she was due to start. She may have miscalculated when her period was due, she may have irregular cycles, her period may just be off, which can sometimes happen.

Certainly she should try a pregnancy test.

While it can happen, it would be unusual for her to become pregnant from sex three days before her period.

As Aurora_Bell stated, most women will ovulate about 12-16 days before a period is due. Some will a bit sooner, some a bit later.

If she did not ovulate within several days of the sex, she could not become pregnant... the sperm would not survive and there would be no egg available to fertilize.

If she tries a pregnancy test, and it is negative, she should wait and see what happens when her next period would be expected.

If you are going to continue engaging in sex, it would be wise for her to also use a form of birth control along with your use of a condom.

Important to keep in mind that pregnancy would still be a possibility. Give some thought as to how ready the two of you would be for the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy at this stage of your lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my girlfriend pregnant? [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I been dating since aug 19.every time we had sex we I never wore a condom.and every time she comes over to my house she always ask for ice cream like the pop sickles.and my girlfriend today said she had an headache, And she been having a cold and she been coughing a lot. And...

Ex girlfriend and pregnant girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Right... I have a girlfriend that I've been with not long. Right however I am in contact with my ex again after not talking for a yr. We broke up because she didn't trust me, so I moved on and basically jumped into another relationship. I don't know what I should do because I still love my ex,...

Ex Girlfriend or Pregnant Girlfriend [ 10 Answers ]

I had been seeing my partner for 8 years and have had a fantastic relationship. We had a really good lifestyle and I genuinely feel like she was my soulmate and true love. Trouble is I didn't know it. I hit 40 and had what I now see as a mid life crisis. I split with my girlfriend in November,...

Could my girlfriend be pregnant. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I am so nervous that I needed to get some information. My girlfriend has not had her period in two weeks. She is irregular, and had a light 2-day period and that was it. It has been the second month, and am getting nervous. She complains that she feels that a muscle is being pulled in her...

View more questions Search