Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redsuzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
    89 honda civic stalling problems
    I have an 89 civic. It has96,000 miles on a wrecking yard engine. The car just started to stall. It will restart most of the time. Some times it might have to sit for a couple minutes before it restarts. You can only drive about a 1/2 mile before it stalls out again. I have changed the fuel filter- lots of dirt inside and the air filter. I put some fuel treatment in the tank. I have cleaned battery terminals. What else should I try?
    Thank you, Suzie
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

While you have the distributor open, it would be best to replace the rotor and distributor cap.

Here's what the ICM looks like:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic stalling [ 2 Answers ]

91 honda civic 1.5 lit stalls after its warmed up has new cap, rotor, wires coil and main relay usually starts right back up sometimes but has ext crank also when this happens

1992 Honda Civic surging and stalling [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I appreciate any assitance with my question. The civic started to surge on the way to work one day. Nothing major just a minor "blip" similar to other car and trucks that I have own acted when the CPS was going out. This has been going on for about two weeks and has gradually gotten...

Hard start, stalling 99 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

I just found instructions on "crankshaft fluctuation sensor" {service and repair} under my seat after clowns replaced my distributor that did not solve my problem. Is this CKF sensor in any way related to my distributor? Or could it be related to hard start stalling. 1999 Honda Civic 120,000...

2000 civic - idle/stalling/start problems [ 4 Answers ]

"HI, Recently bought 2000 civic 113,000 mi. First problem, surging, check engine light on. Went to autozone for free diagnostic Read code P0505, they said ICV needs replacing. Went back to dealer (under 30 day warranty) and he said it was a malfunction in the system, requiring cleaning...

'95 Honda Civic DX stalling/starting problems [ 4 Answers ]

Last night my car stalled out on me after I made a right turn. When I eased it into a parking spot it refused to start back up. Doing some checks it cranks but there seems to be no fuel hitting the engine(sorry not too familiar with the inner workings of the car). I thought it might be the...

View more questions Search