Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scubasteve420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Sharing a connection with a xbox 360 and a ps3
    I have att.net dsl using a motorola modem and a network everywhere 5-port hub, model NH1005-WM. I want to share my internet connection with my xbox and ps3. I plug my PC into the uplink port(not sure what the uplink is) on the hub the modem to 1 and the game console to 2. I can get a connecton on the PC but nothing on the console. I have read many topics on this but they all skip steps or nothing they suggested work.:mad:
    marked Posts: 41, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2008, 04:20 PM

Sorry to say but you need to get a router in order for you to share the internet connection, because this hub don't have the routing capability...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sharing the internet connection [ 6 Answers ]

I use windows XP service pack 2. It is connected with HUB. On network configuration all the thing are working properly .The both systems are pinging each other properly. The file transferring is working well. I configure the Internet Explorer properly. The only problem Iam facing is that when I...

Xbox 360 live connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, the other day I tried to set up xbox live, but when I tried putting my ethernet cable (which came with my xbox 360) into the back port of my speedtouch 330 modem, I found out it did not fit. What should I do, e.g, buy a wireless router, or are there any other cheaper and just as reliable...

Sharing Directories over VPN Connection [ 2 Answers ]

I have no problems connecting and athenicating from XP client to my W2K server via VPN, but cannot see any files even through the local network connection before the router. Try and find this one in technet, seems the only resource discusses the VPN setup connection only and nothing about...

View more questions Search