Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmodi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 12:02 PM
    Can I connect the neutal to the ground to filter reverse neutral?
    I find that in my house connection, neautal has a 4-5 volts hot reverse, if I connect it to the ground its come to zero; can I connect it permanently to ground to filter neutral's reverse?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 12:48 PM
    The neutral and equipment ground is only allowed to be connected at the Main Service Disconnect, (AKA Main Breaker), or on the Lne Side of the Main Breaker.

If what you propose is out someplace on a braanch circuit, no it cannot be done.

The problem needs to be found and corrected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car will not go into gear drive reverse neutral from the park position [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mercury grand marquis and today I put it into park when I was ready to go it would not go into gear from park position any advise

Outlet Question: Open Neutral - Hot / Grnd Reverse? [ 6 Answers ]

This past weekend two outlets and one light fixture went dead in my basement after turning on my stereo. I checked the breakers and none had tripped, so I re-set the one in question just to be sure. Still dead. I haven't been in this house too long, so I thought to check for another breaker...

What happen if you connect some grounds and neutral to the neutral bus bar and the do [ 1 Answers ]

The same conect some grounds and neutrals to the ground bus bar just using whichever bus bar is closest to the breaker so the wires don't have to travel all around the breaker box is that OK and safe to connect wires like that thank you

Hot neutral reverse : small camping trailer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! It's my first time!! Sorry for my bad English, I am from Québec, Canada... I a new owner of a small camping trailer... only 7 years old, very good condition until this MOVE... In my tool box I found a plugin tester, the one with three lights... never use it before, why today, to be...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search