Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morganreece Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 11:53 AM
    I love my boyfriend but sometimes I question it
    I have been with my boyfriend for eight months, and I love him to pieces, I get very jealous over little things, some days if he says he doesn't want to see me I get upset. I always want to be with him. But a lot of the time I'm alone I start questioning whether I want to be in this relationship, I wonder about other guys also. Is this normal? I hate this feeling, and I'm scared of losing him. Can someone help me please
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 12:05 PM
    You're insecure, very insecure and unless you learn to deal with these insecurities you're going to throw your relationship under the bus. You have to either trust your boyfriend or leave. Without trust, there is no relationship.

Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    You're insecure, very insecure and unless you learn to deal with these insecurities you're going to throw your relationship under the bus. You have to either trust your boyfriend or leave. Without trust, there is no relationship.
    I trust him completely. What I'm trying to say is I question whether I want to be with him or not, but other times I get upset over him, is it my hormones?
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morganreece View Post
    i trust him completely. what im trying to say is i question whether i want to be with him or not, but other times i get upset over him, is it my hormones?
    Horomones is a possibility, but I think at any point in a relatonship, if you have doubts about it, maybe it really isn't meant to be. Do you want to spend the rest of your life having doubts about your partner?

Aug 2, 2012, 01:00 PM
    No I don't. But I know that I want to be with him

I love him so much, and I can't imagine being without him, I know I want to be with him
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morganreece View Post
    i love him so much, and i can't imagine being without him, i know i want to be with him
    Then you just answered your own question. Now to prove to yourself that you want to be with him as much as you say, then stop being so insecure. Actions speak louder than words.

Aug 8, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    Then you just answered your own question. Now to prove to yourself that you want to be with him as much as you say, then stop being so insecure. Actions speak louder than words.
    Thank you :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Maybe you should have other things to do besides worry yourself over a relationship,like a very healthy happy social life. Life goals and activities and hobbies.

Sometimes our feeling do confuse us, especially the young and inexperienced, we are just unsure about ourselves, or the future, and that makes us insecure and confused.

How old are you, and do you stay in this relationship because you are afraid to be alone, or explore and experiment on your own?

8 months is not a long time at all, and maybe you are just learning what each other is about.

Aug 22, 2012, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Maybe you should have other things to do besides worry yourself over a relationship,like a very healthy happy social life. Life goals and activities and hobbies.

Sometimes our feeling do confuse us, especially the young and inexperienced, we are just unsure about ourselves, or the future, and that makes us insecure and confused.

How old are you, and do you stay in this relationship because you are afraid to be alone, or explore and experiment on your own?

8 months is not a long time at all, and maybe you are just learning what each other is about.
    Thank you for that. I am eighteen years old, and I know that I want to be with him, I think it's just that I'm young, and I don't know what the future holds and I think that is what worries me, but for now I am happy:)

And what do you mean 'maybe you are just learning what each other is about.' ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Right now all you have are good feelings that are intense, but be real, there is much more to learn once the happiness of initial attractions have worn off and replaced by reality. You already have nagging doubts when he isn't around to fill you with butterflies.

Maybe it's a sign not get so carried away by that love thing and have a life that makes you happy when he ain't around. Keep this new love in healthy perspective, and enjoy it as you see where it leads and not be so dependent on it so fast.

To early for all that!

Too much, too fast, crash and burn!!

Give him space so you can have space.
    crazycat111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Being so insecure at the beginning of a relationship isn't a good sign. You've only been together 8 months which isn't long... so maybe his true personality/feelings are shining through
    backpack2389 Posts: 255, Reputation: 83

Aug 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
    At 18 it's perfectly normal for you to be looking around and not entirely sure if you're ready to commit/be monogamous. If your feelings are so distressing and if you are entirely confused, maybe you should consider an open relationship in which you guys see other people as well as each other. You do run the risk of him meeting someone else, but then again, you could meet someone too. 18 is awfully young for either of you to tie yourselves down (especially to people you're not entirely sure you want to be with).

You say you wonder about whether you should be in the relationship and think about other guys. When thoughts like this pop up, do they stem more from dissatisfaction or doubts about the current relationship or simply from being tempted by other guys? If the former, I think perhaps this relationship isn't for you. If the latter, I would say it's normal to wonder about other relationships, especially when you are so young and have not finished figuring out what you want in a partner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love my boyfriend but I love my family too... HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I started dating a year after high school and we went out for two years. Now during those two years, there was a lot of ups and downs and in the end we had to break up because my family wanted us to. Then after a couple of months apart, we got back together and started anew and he...

What do you do when you love your best friend, but also love your boyfriend? [ 2 Answers ]

First, let me say - I am not a flake who falls for just anyone. I have been married (stupidly), divorced from the abusive marriage, and in two serious relationships since. By serious relationship, I mean that I was in a committed, honest, and loving relationship with my ex-bf for 3 years. He...

I love my friend's boyfriend but they're in love [ 17 Answers ]

See I have a friend (but were not very close at all) and she had this boyfriend she broke up with. She said she was over him but turns out she only went out with other boys to use them and make her ex jealous. He did the same and used me and they finally got back together. But you see even after he...

I'm in love in another guy but I have a boyfriend.. My boyfriend he love me very much! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in love in another guy, but my b/f love me very much.. what should I do?

Does my Boyfriend love me Is my boyfriend a gold digger he lives thirty minutes away. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay. Before I met this guy I was in a relationship with a guy who I was with for almost a year until we broke up on oct 9th 2010 then I met this guy name lawrence on oct 12th 2010 he approached me on Facebook I was very doubtful of me and him starting a relationship since I just got my...

View more questions Search