Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittenlover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 03:58 PM
    What more can I do for my sick kittens?
    I am a foster parent with the Humane Society. Now I have a mom cat and 5 kittens. They are all sick with an upper respiratory infections. They are all on antibiotics as well as on antibiotic eye ointment. I wipe their eyes 2-3 times daily with warm water. The mom is still nursing, and her babies are 4 weeks old. They don't seem to be responding to the medication, and if I give them back to the Humane Society, they will euthanize them. I haven't given up on them. Mom lost a lot of weight, but is eating dry food. The kittens are using a litter box, but prefer to nurse of sick Mom instead of the kitten mush I make them.
    Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I want to give these kittens a chance at a happy and healthy life.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 12:03 AM
    I'm sorry that no one responded to you sooner. Seems like sometimes when a person posts in the Introductions section of this site that it might not get noticed as quickly.

Don't know how things are with your felines currently. Would like to know. They have already made it as far along as four weeks and may make it longer. If I were you, I would keep trying. I am certainly not an expert in nusing sick kitties, but perhaps my responding to your post may get it noticed and you will get some expert advise.

By the way, since you did post your message in the Introduction section, WELCOME to the site.
    gizmo_48401 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Have you tried taking the kittens from there mom and botel feeding them with kitten milk with the meds in it ? I had to do that one time and I had 3 sick kittens they got better and responed faster to the meds when I put it in the bottel you will have to forec them to take the bottel the first time but thy get used to it really fast
    mariaeyre Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenlover
    I am a foster parent with the Humane Society. Now I have a mom cat and 5 kittens. They are all sick with an upper respiratory infections. They are all on antibiotics as well as on antibiotic eye ointment. I wipe their eyes 2-3 times daily with warm water. The mom is still nursing, and her babies are 4 weeks old. They don't seem to be responding to the medication, and if I give them back to the Humane Society, they will euthanize them. I haven't given up on them. Mom lost alot of weight, but is eating dry food. The kittens are using a litter box, but prefer to nurse of sick Mom instead of the kitten mush I make them.
    Any other suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I want to give these kittens a chance at a happy and healthy life.
    I am a HUGE animal lover and it would absolutely eat me up to be that helpless and torn between the right thing to do whatever the outcome. However, the PDSA will check the kittens and mum over. If you are not working then I believe a small contribution would be given. I would hate for an animal to suffer and if you really do not know the cause you must seek advice from someone who knows best. Even if you made a telephone call to explain your dilema to a vet - My local vets are closed now so I cannot ask them but please make the call, you do not want animals suffering. Please let me know the outcome and if I can help further. Maria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kittens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I Have 5 Five Week Old Kittens Im Looking After, Or Should I Say My Cat Gypsy Is. Anyway I Was Wondering If U Could Help Me As I Don't Know Much About Kittens Because Ivenever Had A Fmale Cat That's Had Babies. How 2 Feed Them At What Age, When Can They Go 2 Good Homes, When Do I Get There...

2x 16 week kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My youngest of 2 cats (sachi) was killed by a car on Friday, and my mum thought that she would cheer me up with 2 new 16 week kittens, one male one female, reluctantly I took them, they were obviously very nervous and quiet. They were infested with fleas which I have treated them both, and washed...

Kittens [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a six week old kitten and was wondering if I can give it a bath. I know I can't use flea shampoos on her but was wondering if its safe yet to bathe her? She came from a pet store and she smells a little. I used a flea comb on her and wiped her with a damp rag but didn't seem to do...

Kittens! [ 4 Answers ]

How can I make sure my kittens are going to good homes?

Kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my cat gave birth to 6 kittens yesterday at 7.10 am and two were still bourns she in nursing the young very well and she is also looking after her self well. Q. is it o.k for my cat to use the toilet after 30 hours. Q. and do the kittens have fleas as soon as they are born.::confused:

View more questions Search