Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumbleboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
    Hi I am 10 and I'm too embarrassed to ask my mom to buy me a bra what should I say?
    I don't know what to say to my mom
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:52 PM

Ohh I remember this!

Maybe you could try something along the lines of "mom, I feel really uncomfortable wearing alot of my shirts, I think it would help if I had a little more support". I wouldn't hold your breath for anything padded or underwire, but maybe a training bra or a sports bra.

Or next time you are out shopping you could maybe pick out an age appropriate bra and ask if you could purchase it.
    If you feel too uncomfortable maybe you could ask to do some extra chores and what not to get some of your own money and purchase it for yourself.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 08:09 PM

Your mom is a woman too, so don't be embarrassed. Trust me, she once had to ask for her first bra too.

I am wondering how developed you are at the age of 10. Most girls don't need added support at this age. Do you really need a bra or do you just want one?

Talk to mom. Be open and honest. She'll decide when the time is right. Most moms usually buy the bra before the daughter has to ask. We are very aware of our children and the changes they are going through. So she either hasn't noticed or you're not ready for that step. Either way, I'm sure she'll listen. :)
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2010, 04:51 PM

Kitkat22 agrees : Wish you had been around when I was growing up!
    This made me giggle. Kitkat, I probably was around when you were growing up. I'm old. Okay, older, not old, just older. ;)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2010, 09:10 PM

I agree Alty, I never had to ask for my first bra, my mum suggested it to me.
    I didn't actually want one at first but mum knew best, it was much more comfortable than I thought it would be ;)
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 09:17 PM

Yea I was one of those early developers in denial! So I never asked, she suggested.

But as Atly says she's a woman too and will be just fine with it. In fact, it will most likely bring you two closer together. :D
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2010, 09:53 PM

I remember getting my first bra. It was pink with lace around it. That's when I found out I'm allergic to lace.

I broke out in a rash every place the lace touched. I thought it was the bra. I didn't tell my mom for 3 weeks because I was afraid that she wouldn't let me wear a bra any more.

I finally told her. The rash was really bad, scabbed over because I continued to wear the bloody thing.

She took me back to the store and bought me a pretty cotton one with pink rosebuds on it.

I miss the days that I could wear pretty bras. With my size now I get whatever fits. They're not pretty at all.

Giggle reminds of a bra slogan. "If you've got the boulders, we've go the holders" and "What nature has forgotten, we stuff with cotton". :)
    Lanichu Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2010, 08:19 AM

Honesty is the best thing! This is your mother and you shouldn't be embarrassed. She was a girl your age and also a woman.

So I agree with a lot of the above posters. :D
    Riverone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2010, 03:47 AM
    Trane air handler won't turn off
    A storm pass through a few days ago an now my trane air handler fan runs continuously but the heat or cool will not turn on. I replaced the thermostat to be sure it's not from there but no change. I've worked on Goodman and York but never Trane. Any ideas?
    not my real name100 Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Apr 2, 2010, 04:57 AM

I had the same problem and right now I am waiting for her anser don't wory though in fact I was so embarrassed (sorry for spelling ) I Emailed her!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2010, 05:39 AM
    Sorry wrong post

Apr 2, 2010, 05:47 AM
    I also forgot to mention that I jumped the red and yellow wires on the thermostat and the outside unit kicked on so the problem is inside.

Apr 2, 2010, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverone View Post
    A storm pass through a few days ago an now my trane air handler fan runs continuously but the heat or cool will not turn on. I replaced the thermostat to be sure it's not from there but no change. I've worked on Goodman and York but never Trane. Any ideas?
    Also, I jumped the red and yellow wires on the thermostat and the outside unit kicked on so the problem is on the inside.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 05:58 AM

I got my first bra when I was 7. one was a Scooby Doo bra and the other was a Power Puff Girls bra. Just start talking to her and tell her you feel that you need a bit of support. I know I felt uncomfortable wearing no bra when I was 10! Starting age 7, I never go without one. Like everyone else said, just ask her to buy you one, AGE Appropriate, or explain to her that you feel uncomfortable without support
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 06:06 AM

What happened?
    A bra post has merged with a thermostat post
    jaylee01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 06:54 AM
    I'm 14 and I don't think I've worn a proper bra, I have a mum which I'm too embarrassed to ask and if I did, she'll probably make a joke or tell everybody. I went with her one time but I was really embarrassed and said no but I really wanted one, what do I do
    jaylee01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2010, 06:55 AM

I'm 14 and I don't think I've worn a proper bra, I have a mum which I'm too embarrassed to ask and if I did, she'll probably make a joke or tell everybody. I went with her one time but I was really embarrassed and said no but I really wanted one, what do I do
    scaredsally1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 02:55 AM
    If I were you I would just ask her when she got her first one and see where that takes you she will probably get what you mean!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

How do I ask my mom for me top wear a bra? [ 39 Answers ]

I am 11 and I want to wear just a little padded bra but I have no idea how to ask my mom she brings it up all the time but I never have the courage to say can we get me a bra I just don't like to say bra around her unless its about someone else SO HELP ME ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO ASK HER MY A BRA?...

I am so embarrassed [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are great lovers and I love her to death. Now there are times we don't get have sex so we do oral... Well when she gives me head.. I get this feeling like I'm about 2 pee. And I am afraid because last time I did do it. I think I did a little (I know it gross) Ever since then I'm...

Single mom with daughter, can I buy a one-bedroom house? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a single mom with a 13 year old daughter. I want to buy a one-bedroom house to cut expenses, and I need to know if it is legal for us to share the one bedroom (I plan to put a divider up to separate our spaces. Or, if she could have the bedroom, and I would sleep in the living room on a futon...

View more questions Search