Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 06:32 AM
    I replace fan motor and cap fan comes on but does not feel like it is cooling
    What do I need to check next
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 08:23 AM

Does the outside fan and compressor kick in?
    Does the outside unit blow out warm air?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooling fan for inducer motor [ 1 Answers ]

I've been told the inducer motor on my Goodman furnace has burned out because 'the cooling fan is missing". Does anyone know if this is a legit diagnosis? I didn't even know there was a cooling fan for the inducer motor on furnaces.

Replace Fan Blower Motor [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a 10 year old GMC truck. The blower will operate intermittently. I am assuming the problem is not in the control knobs, etc... but instead I suspect the motor itself is worn out. Can you give me any advice on changing the blower motor? Is it a DIY kind of job? How do I remove...

A/c not cooling after replaced fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced a condenser fan motor. New motor works great. However, no cold air. I've noticed while outside unit running the fan will turn off for a fraction of a second and then back on. Is this a compressor problem now? A maintenance tech at the factory I work at suggested "jump...

Fan runs five munites and shuts off I have replaced run cap & motor [ 17 Answers ]

I have a york unit replaced run cap and fan motor the blade is in the right position the fan motor is oem and run cap matches fan motor spec the ac unit comes on runs 5 minutes and fan shuts off and the fan is not hot to touch. What could it be?

Ac residential fan motor replace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace my fan blower motor on my janitrol ac unit, but I don't know how to re-wire it. The replacement 220 motor has 4 wires instead of 3 like the old. It has an extra brown wire with a white strip, the old one has one red, one black, and one brown that connects to a 3 post round...

View more questions Search