Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Help Research Paper!!
    I read somewhere... In the one of the US states a person can get married at any age. Even a 5 year old with parent consent because of someone loop hole. I don't remember what stae it was. I am writing a paper for my sociology class and need to figure out which state is before wedn. So if anyone know anything please help!! :confused:
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 06:27 PM

Use Google. Search for "Age for marriage" in different states. Personally, I doubt that law exists.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 04:40 PM

Check out Marriage Laws in the US by Age -- U.S. Teen Marriage License Laws

The website gives you the laws for every state. :p
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
    I read somewhere... In the one of the US states a person can get married at any age. Even a 5 year old with parent consent because of someone loop hole. I don't remember what stae it was. I am writing a paper for my sociology class and need to figure out which state is before wedn. So if anyone know anything please help!!!! :confused:

The legal answer (or maybe non-answer!) is "In the United States, all but two states require a couple be age 18 in order to marry without parental consent. Nebraska sets the age at 19 and Mississippi at 21 at the time of this writing (May 2003). A few states will waive this requirement if there is a pregnancy involved, but the couple may still have to have court approval." Marriage Laws in the US by Age

I would assume that a 5 year old cannot get pregnant; therefore, no, this is a folklore tale.

NOW my question would be - are you talking about a marriage recognized by a specific State OR a church betrothal or similar religious ceremony, not recognized by the State?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outling Research Paper [ 3 Answers ]

I need to outline my research paper three different ways... can you help?:confused:

Research paper - thesis [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the thesis within a reseach paper. I was told it was the last sentence in the 1st paragrah and then I was told anywhere in the first paragraph.

Research paper [ 1 Answers ]

How would you begin your second paragraph ? I'm so confused should you start with statistics or what kind of important information

Research paper help [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing my first research paper and I am attempting to explain the positive effects on society from a. edgar allen poe b. mae west c. industrial rock And how these groups are examples of different types of controversy that are positive to our culture Do you have any suggestions on how I...

View more questions Search