Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 02:19 AM
    Very regular periods and ovualating pains
    I have very very regular periods every month and every 2 - 3 month between my cycle I get bad ovualating pains... ouch :(
    Does this at all mean I am very fertile?
    Sorry if it's a silly question :o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Sorry Krs, it does not mean you are neither very fertile or infertile. This is just how your body has its periods.

Has nothing to do with fertility.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 05:16 AM
    I see OK.. thanks

So what's the cause for the women who have regular periods and some don't?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:31 AM
    If you have significant pain when ovulating, speak to your ob/gyn. It can be a sign of an ovarian cyst.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Very true, could also be a sign of endometriosis. Both of which are easily treatable.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:36 AM
    :eek: :eek:
    Im worried now.
    Are there any signs of endomitriosis?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:38 AM
    J-9, what is the treatment for ovarian cysts? I've got PCOS.

Krs, don't worry unless you've spoken to your ob/gyn and they've told you to worry. :)
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:41 AM
    Nothing to be worried about... Krs, take a chill pill, you know me and you know I would not worry you.

Basically the signs of either endo or cysts are extremely heavy and painful periods.

If you have not had your yearly exam yet, you may want to make a dr appt with your GYN. (NOT MEANT TO WORRY YOU KRS), It is just something all of us women have to do once a year. He can check you out and answer all of your questions more accurately than we can on the internet.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:41 AM
    How sweet, thanks LisaB4657 :)

Ive know a few friends who suffer from it but they all have severe period pains not ovualation pains. While I don't suffer from bad period pains, but a few but nothing dramatic and couple of panadols would ease the pain
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Nothing to be worried about.... Krs, take a chill pill, you know me and you know I would not worry you.

Basically the signs of either endo or cysts are extremely heavy and painful periods.

If you have not had your yearly exam yet, you may want to make a dr appt with your GYN. (NOT MEANT TO WORRY YOU KRS), It is just something all of us women have to do once a year. He can check you out and answer all of yuor questions more accurately than we can on the internet.
    I do need a chill pill, probably a couple too :D

I actually do need to go have a smear test. The last I had 1 was 3 years ago, I'm such a baby, am petrified. All was OK with those results!

I also don't get very painful periods as I said panadol eases the pain, and neither heavy.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:45 AM
    There are several good treatment options available for PCOS:

Birth Control Pills
    A deabetes medication called Metformin

Those were just a few.

Check out this website, it is very hepful, and it is a .gov not a .com so it is a reliable website.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:47 AM
    I was on a birth control pill called microgynon 30 for 6 years. Ive been off it for almost years now as I was told that your body needs a break from birth control pills to have 'real' periods.
    Thanks for site will have a look now.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Here is a good website for endometriosis

If your birth control pill is right for you, you should have your period on the 7 days that you either take a placebo or do not have to take a pill at all. However, once you are off completely it may take a while for your body to get back to normal utilizing your body's own natural hormones.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:58 AM
    I doubt I have PCOS. I don't have any of the symptoms it stated! :)

Re: endimitriosis I need to read more about it.

Thanks J_9 very helpful xx
    suzzicopeland Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    I have very very regular periods every month and every 2 - 3 month between my cycle i get bad ovualating pains... ouch :(
    Does this at all mean i am very fertile?
    Sorry if its a silly question :o
    Well, when we as females, are born we have all the eggs that are going to last us until menopause. Those pains are fairly common in young women, especially those that have been menstruating for less than 4 years. Some people have cramping pains midway through their cycle, that's how some women know they are in the process of ovulation. Your body may not be producing enough endorphins to help minimize the pain. Your endorphins are your body's natural pain killers. You can take an otc pain killer such as tylenol, ibuprofen, or midol. All three will work for your pain. If it is still bothersome, I would contact your gynecologist and ask them to do a pelvic exam to rule out any cysts that might have formed on your ovaries, and are busting as you approach ovulation. Good luck.

Suzzi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regular period? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for all who go to this site I had my last periods on July 30 and my periods are not due until 28 to 30 me and hubby has been trying to get a baby and finally this month I got bleeding at 24 which was very different from the usual kind of periods and a mild discomfort I just wanted...

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

Heart pains [ 1 Answers ]

The past year has been really tough on me, and about 5 months ago, I realized I can't cry. I can feel the emotion, but no tears. When that happens, my heart starts to hurt, as if something was piercing it, and breathing become very difficult and I become dizzy. Is there something wrong with my...

View more questions Search