Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fwire2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Honda problems -92 Honda Accord
    :)-----My Honda has a few problems... It was idling up and down on startup if I drove off right away. It would idle like this for a bit and then stop. Now it won't stop... It dies out at lights if I don't keep my foot on the gas a little. I turned up the idle but still no help.. filled up the coolant res but no change. With the clutch pedal depressed it seems to idle lower and almost cut off... I thought of a vacuum leak but where would I check it??
    Please Advise... :confused:
    Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 10:08 AM

Here's what I would do:

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

I recommend replacing these problematic components on Hondas every 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first.

. Clean the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) and replace the air filter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1054149

. Replace the spark plugs (NGK only), if they have not been replaced in the last 24,000 miles or 24 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord AC problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a cd player put in my 2000 Honda Accord, my dash lights and tail lights no longer functioned. I found and replaced the fuse causing this. Now a day later I jump in the car turn on the AC and I got NO cold air. Could this be a result of pulling and checking the fuses in the under...

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

Honda Accord Electrical problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda accord will not start, I was driving on a highway and the malfunction indicator came on, the car was running fine, I got where I was going and turned the car off. The next day the car would not start, no lights, no noise when key is in the ignition, engine did not even attempt to...

Problems with honda accord! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi evreyone I just bought my 1st car it's a 91 honda accord exr and its been giving me nothing but troble it will not turn over whe I turn the key it does absaloutly nothing and my tranny will not go in reverse (5spd manual) when I test drove it I didn't have a problem nothing it ran like a top and...

View more questions Search