Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luhoo12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Miniature Dachshund's cough/sneeze?
    My 4 month old miniature dachshund has this awful cough/sneezing sound he makes. He will just be lying down somewhere or playing and all of the sudden he'll start what sounds like hacking, then at the end of it come what seems to be a sneeze. He's been to the Vet and tried 2 different medicines but it hasn't gone away. It doesn't seem to affect him at all once he's done he goes right back to whatever he was doing. He's full of energy and happy just like and other pup! I was just wondering if anyone else had a miniature dachshund and had gone through the same situation with them.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Can you think of anything he could possibly be inhaling, irritating him, and clearing it out?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Not knowing where you purchased your dog from and knowing the air quality and all the conditions where you live, it makes it tough for anyone to give you a definite answer. Many dogs are prone to inherent genetic defects due to poor breed practices and allergic reactions to many things are one of the results. What exactly triggers them can really run the gamut. It could be a food allergy, grass allergy, pollen allergy,. You did the right thing by going to your vet on this. Continue working with him/her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I control my miniature daschund? [ 5 Answers ]

I own a male miniature dachund approx. 2 and 1/2 yrs old. Although normally a well behaved pet in doors I find that his behaviour is out of control if any one come to the door Also if I bring him for a walk I find that he will try to attack any dog he comes into contact with and proceed to growl...

Miniature schnauzer [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, I happen to have an odd situation that I hope someone here will be able to help me with. I have a 5 month old miniature schnauzer. At least 4 or 5 times a day this odd sound comes out of him. I want to describe it as a sort of purring sound. He does it at any given time, and I have no idea...

My mini dachshund's ears smell weird! [ 4 Answers ]

This site is great, I've answered a lot of my own questions after reading through! But anyway... I have a 8 month old mini red dapple dachshund, and I noticed this weird(bad) smell coming from her ears. I bought those ear care cleaning wipes, and even if I use them, her ears still smell bad. Is...

How much to feed miniature dachshund puppy [ 3 Answers ]

I have a miniature dachshund puppy who is about 10-1/2 weeks old named Muddy (chocolate& isabella dapple). We got her a couple of weeks ago, and have been feeding her 2x a day, about 1/4 c each time. My question is this - I recently read you should feed puppies more frequently, say three times...

Miniature greyhound, upset stomach... HELP. [ 5 Answers ]

We have a miniature greyhound that has a constant stomach problem, she will be fine for several days then all of a sudden she won't eat because her stomach is upset, sometimes she vomits, no diarrhea. We have taken her to the vet several times and he gives her a shot of "Pepcid" and then she is...

View more questions Search