Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babiedaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Bleeding lines on hot water tank
    I installed a hot water tank and the tank is full now I have no pressure in the kitchen or bathroom, how can I bleed the lines now that the tank is full?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2008, 10:59 AM

Some where on your hot water system, there should be a valve to loosen to allow air and water to escape when loosened.( not removed ) just loosened. When you loosen the valve you have to hold a container under to catch hot water that will come out. If air is in the tank you will here it hissing, and water and air will come out together. Air is cleared when just water comes out without any noises or sputtering.
    If a T&P valve is installed just open the valve and let the air go out, good luck.

John
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Hey all...

Babiedaul... check the aerators first. Unscrew the aerators (see picture) at the end of each faucet and clean them. Run water without the aerator in place... do you have good flow now? If so, just clean the aerator and then replace them. If stream is not improved greatly when you re-install the aerator at a faucet just need to purchase a new aeartor and you should be all set.

If that doesn't fix this... let us know.

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Water pressure against tank height and tank water capacity [ 5 Answers ]

Normally the head pressure of water is .433 pounds per foot of head. Is there any change in pressure by changing the tank water capacity. e.g. if two tanks of 50ft height having water capacity of one is 10,000 gallons and other one has 20,000 gallons. What will be the water pressure difference...

Air bleeding fuel lines [ 6 Answers ]

Does an oil furnace that has a 2 line set up need to be bled?

Bleeding air in fuel lines [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot light on my hot water heater is not relighting I was told that I needed to bleed the air through the line inorder to get it to relight. Any suggestions?

No septic tank.only lateral lines? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a foreclosure that has been empty for approx 6 months or so. Of course, the mortgage company has taken the AS IS, WHERE IS stance and anything I want to know about, I have to find out for myself. My real estate agent-prince that he is-went "a-digging" and found...

View more questions Search