Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EIR2004 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 09:36 PM
    What to do about a trip
    My boyfriend bought us tickets 1 yr ago for a trip to Hawaii the trip is in 2 weeks. My problem is I weight 350lbs and I'm worried that I will have to pay for another ticket. I have tried to find anything online to find out what the weght limit is for 1 person can't find anything. Do I tell him I don't want to go and not the real reason, tell him why and be embarresed , wait and see what happens and hope that nothing happens to embarresed then. I think he would understand but still I don't know if I should tell him or not. My best friend told me not to worry about it and just wait and see but I still am not sure
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 09:41 PM

Well, if you are really worried... you should find out before hand. If you don't mind me asking, have you ever had to pay for an extra seat before? Or have you just gained the weight. Still, you should find out first. Ease your mind.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 04:50 PM

You have to face the situation now... they are really "matter of fact" at the airport about obese people these days.

Tell your boyfriend tonight. Ask him what he wants to do. After all, he is paying for the trip. :)
    kraussnumber2 Posts: 105, Reputation: 10

Nov 11, 2008, 09:38 PM

I would just call the airline and ask... it will be super embarrassing to find out when you get there the day of your trip. You don't have to tell them who you are... just say you are on a flight to Hawaii and you are worried about a weight limit. I have never heard of this before but if you are worried or have had this come up before then I would call ahead of time. I can't believe that they would make you pay for an extra seat... that is so horrible and wrong! Have fun in Hawaii!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 09:43 PM
    I don't know the weight limit, but I do know that if you can not fit comfortably in a single seat, the airline will make you buy another ticket. It is best that you deal with it now. It would be awful if the flight was sold out and they didn't let you on.

If you can not find the info online, call the airline's toll free number. Be honest and to the point and get your answer. If you are fine, then you have worried for nothing. If you need a second seat, then you should speak with your boyfriend and make a decision together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trip to NY [ 1 Answers ]

My ultimate vacation would be to go to Manhattan ,ny! But the only problem I'm having is were to stay I want to be in downtown around everything so any on ideas on the best place to stay?? Also I would love to know what is the best things to see I know the basics like statue of liberty,time square...

Long trip to nowhere [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, please don't think bad of me here but a while back I was in a relationship with a guy that I couldn't keep doing because I didn't know what I wanted. Since then I have gone out with a few people but none of them gave me what I got from the first guy. The problem is now he has become sort of...

View more questions Search