Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floatingmtn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 10:43 PM
    Made a big mistake when I was drunk
    So I made a huge mistake the other night after a party with my g/f of 3 years. I had been drinking and went over. Drunk, but not intolerable. We came back to her house and were getting ready for bed. She had already taken her shirt off and was giving me the 'go' which I took. Next thing I remember is she gave me a no and we laid down to go to bed.

Now I didn't know at the time but she said she didn't want sex when I was drunk and she wasn't. She said it was impersonal. I felt rejected and proceeded to leave, she turned on the light and ask why I was leaving. I said I couldn't sleep and didn't want to be there. The argument then began. She asked if I saw us together long term and I said I don't know. I then said very mean things such as she was over analytical and I said she acted like her father and had a temper. After that I left.

We had some more text fighting. I woke up the next day and I hadn't apologized yet. She came to me with a letter outlining every thing that happened and the main focus was that I had too much pride. She essentially was breaking up with me at the end of the letter. Realizing my dumb actions I wrote a letter back and gave it to her. She said she doesn't know when she can forgive me and it will take time. I'm OK to wait however long. Is there anything else I can do to mend the mistake?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 12:05 PM
    You won't know anything until she is no longer mad. So just sit in the dog house until that happens.

Obviously you were drunk, AND intolerable, and it was a useless argument that followed. Know better next time, and learn your lesson about drinking, and being drunk.

A cool sober head would have avoided the whole mess from jump street. Now you can only take your medicine which she will surely make sure of. You were wrong, own it and do better.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Quit drinking, for one. Or, take stock of your own behaviour (I doubt this is the first time you've been drunk and had regrets), when you drink.

What you had with your girlfriend, was a drunken argument. She was wrong to mix it up, knowing you were drunk, you were wrong in even attempting to argue, let alone point out another persons' shortcomings.

You have isolated this one incident, and blamed it on the alcohol. I'd say you have this all backwards.

Had you been mature and responsible enough not to get drunk in the first place, this would never have happened.

Alcohol isn't to blame. It is your misuse of it, and as I've said, this wouldn't have been your first experience of the negative consequences of choosing to drink to the point where you can't control the words that come out of your mouth.

I don't think I've ever heard a Judge buy a drunk's story that the alcohol made him do it, and he's really sorry he killed three people in an accident he doesn't quite remember the details of.

You ask how to 'mend this mistake', and the only way you can do that, is to realize that you need to either stop getting drunk, or learn how to modify your behaviour when you do drink, or to learn the difference between social drinking, and drinking to extremes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still In Love With My Ex. Made A BIG Mistake. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 19 and my ex is 17. We dated for about six months, which I know isn't a very long time, but I love him. We broke up about 3 or 4 months ago and I still think about him all of the time. When we first started dating everything was perfect. I loved him from the start. It was just this instant...

Made big mistake 3 years ago [ 31 Answers ]

Let me tell you the whole story. We have been together for 11 years. Married 7 years, have 4 girls. We have both worked, though one time frame he didn't work and I was the only one working for three years. I don't have any excuses to what I did. But at this time I was having lots of stress at work...

I made a mistake, BIG TIME. [ 1 Answers ]

My Ex is dating a new guy, but she has not been very happy. We've been talking a little and hanging out some. She has told me that if he keeps treating her badly she is going to wait for a good reason to leave him and then do so. Then maybe we can get back together at a later date. But I made the...

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

Made Big Mistake in XP Professional [ 3 Answers ]

Hopefully someone out there can help me. I was trying to password protect some folders on my home computer in Windows XP. Well, I right clicked on a folder and then went to properties. Once there ate the bottom where it says "Attributes", I checked "read only" and "hidden". I then clicked...

View more questions Search