Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdepietro1969 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Made Big Mistake in XP Professional
    Hopefully someone out there can help me. I was trying to password protect some folders on my home computer in Windows XP. Well, I right clicked on a folder and then went to properties. Once there ate the bottom where it says "Attributes", I checked "read only" and "hidden". I then clicked "O.K." and the folder disappeared. I then did a search for the folder and it could not find it. It has to be on my hard drive somewhere... no?? Please. Anyone out there who can help me Please do so. I know it was a stupid thing to try, espcially when I didn't even try it first on a "test" folder. Just so you know, I am the admin on this computer.

Thanks,

Paul
    GuestWei Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

May 12, 2006, 04:55 PM
    Open my computer in the tool bar select tools->folder options. In the view tab, check show hidden files and folders. This shoud do it.
    pdepietro1969 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2006, 02:24 PM
    I did that and no luck. The folder is just "gone". Even when I log in as Administrator and search for the folder it is not found. I don't understand. I even did a "restore" to before the point when I made the stupid changes I made and the folder still does not show up. I am screwed!
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

May 14, 2006, 04:29 AM
    Do you realise that by default, windows doesn't search hidden folders - you have to select it in advanced options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

Made a big mistake [ 11 Answers ]

HI, I have a question I need to ask, well here it is. MY husband and I separated on June 30th of this year he said he need time to hisself to get his self together, when he was here he would leave everyday to play basketball he says and one morning he got up took a bath and said he was going to...

Did I make a mistake? [ 2 Answers ]

I used CPVC glue (otey gold) to glue a pvc trap together. Do I have to cut out and re-build the trap with PVC glue?

Mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I used your site a lot over the years with great success so thought I would try again. I have just made a big mistake and now I am suffering. My daughter asked me to find her a program to change the login screen on her PC and change her styles etc. I found a program called...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search