Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princessgloomy Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Altitude of an Isosceles Triangle
    Ok, find the altitude of an isosceles triangle whose base is 10 and whose congruent sides are 9. I found how to find the alt of a right triangle but still don't really comprende.

Help :D
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Think of the isoceles triangle as cut in half, so that you have two right angle triangles each with base 5 and hypotenuse of 9. You can now calculate the height of those right angle triangles using the Pythagorean theorem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Perimeter of an Isosceles Triangle [ 16 Answers ]

What is the hypotenuse of an isosceles triangle if the perimeter is 16 + 16 radical 2?

Altitude of isosc. Triangle? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm so confused rite now. The question is: find the altitude of an isoceles triangle whose base is 10 and whose congruent sides are 9. Someone please explain!:confused:

Isosceles Trapezoid [ 1 Answers ]

An isosceles trapezoid has two congruent ______ a.bases b.legs c.midsegments d.altitudes

Altitude and stroke [ 2 Answers ]

My name is dave and I'm 46 years old . I suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and also had further complication such as a loss of feeling in my stroke hand and enormous fatigue after a plane flight to fro to Florida. I think because of the altitude and my preexisting condition (stroke )this...

Isosceles trapezoid geometry question [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for a quadrilateral to have exactly 3 sides of equal length. I was just wondering. It would most likely be an Isosceles trapezoid.

View more questions Search