Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicachels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Infertility Treatment in Iowa
    I am newly diagnosed with pcos and will need to use fertility assistance to have chldren. My insurance does not cover any infertility treatment, nor does my husbands.
    I have blue cross... he has some off brand I have never heard of through his job.

Any advice? Thanks :)
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Nov 7, 2008, 10:04 AM
    An option would be to find a job with benefits from a company based in a state that mandates fertility coverage.

More info here:

State-Mandated Insurance List - Fertility LifeLines™
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 10:09 AM

Another option would be to consider adoption and/or foster care.
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 10, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chicachels View Post
    I am newly diagnosed wtih pcos and will need to use fertility assistance to have chldren. My insurance does not cover any infertility treatment, nor does my husbands.
    I have blue cross....he has some off brand I have never heard of through his job.

Any advice? Thanks :)
    There are plenty of women who conceive who have PCOS! Have you been absolutely told you can't conceive, or are you just worried about it? There are some great websites that I like to help you understand PCOS better, one of them has plenty of testimonials of women who've been able to get pregnant: pcos.insulitelabs.com and pcosupport.org.

Dr Apryl
    chicachels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
    My husband and I have been trying for almost a year, but having unprotected "not trying/not preventing" sex for 3 years. We are scheduled to do an IUI this month as soon as I start my period. I am on cycle day 52 and taking provera to induce my period. My cylces are usually only about 34 days long - but I had a beta test and it was negative for pregnancy... as have been the 5 htp I have taken.

We are finacially stable enough to afford this treatment, we would just like to have some insruance coverage. I have blue cross blue shield insurance, and he now has no insurance (he quit his job this week to farm full time)

So we wer just curious on policies that offer fertility coverage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

Collectible Pepsi Bottle for 1977 University of Iowa vs Iowa State Football [ 1 Answers ]

I need to try and find the value for a Still Sealed Commemorative 1977 University of Iowa vs Iowa State Football Pepsi Bottle. I need this for insurance issues. It seems the Post Office can't tell what F-R-A-G-I-L-E means. They managed to break one of the set even though they were wrapped in bubble...

Acupuncture for infertility [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just recently started acupuncture (for about a month) since I started undergoing fertility treatments. How many times should I go? I've been going once every week but I don't know if I should continue with this frequency. I have been going to a doctor that doesn't specialize in infertility...

The pill and infertility [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am am new on the site,I have been trying to conceive for last one and half year went on clomid for two months didn't work I want to give myself a break from infertility woes but want to start taking the pill to keep away possible infection and cancers ...

Question about infertility [ 7 Answers ]

Just found the site today, this is my first post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. In March it was determined that I had blockage in my tubes and that same month I had laparoscopy to remove the blockage. It is now the end of Aug and still no pregnancy. ...

View more questions Search