Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotcakesnsyrup Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2009, 11:06 AM
    What is wrong with my boyfriend?
    The other day I noticed some tiny scars on the top of my boyfriends hand, and I asked him what they were from, and he said he was working on his car, and he bumped into something. Then, this morning while watching TV, I noticed him scratching himself right at the base of his thumb, an dit looked like it was turning red, so I quickly said something, I was like "hey, what are you doing"? And when I said Hey, and not that lound, or anything, he acted like someone snuck up and popped a balloon behind him, and was like "what? oh, I just had an itch," and then he stopped scratching himself, and I then noticed his leg bouncing a little, not very noticeable, but enough to where I could tell he was bouncing it. I don't want to jump to conclusions about anything, so I thought I'd ask without saying what I think it might be, to see what other people say. Can anyone help?
    EnglishSolution Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 11:10 AM

Hello,
    So, I tried reading this then rereading it and couldn't really understand what exactly it was that you were asking. If he is scratching himself repeatedly it might be infected but don't jump to conclusions and think someone else is the cause of his itch. IF the scratches were elsewhere, say his back... then I would most definitely look into talking to him about that one. As to him bouncing his leg it might be a habit he picked up or he may just have anxiety, those of course are not professional answers just mild assumptions. I hope this helps, because I am not to sure about what you are looking for in an answer.

Cheers.

Feb 25, 2009, 11:12 AM

Well, it wasn't just scratching, it was more like I don't know jittery scratching if that makes sense

Feb 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
    I guess I am just wondering why he keeps digging at himself like that, like he's a dog with fleas or something
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:14 AM

Honey, he was sratching himself for crying outload! I think you would be more worried if you saw finger nail marks on his back...

:)

Feb 25, 2009, 11:17 AM

But to the point where he makes himself bleed? I mean he used to cut himself for a while but not anymore, I don't know, I guess I am just getting paranoid
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 11:19 AM

You have a boyfriend that you do not trust from your other posts. When you don't trust someone you QUESTION EVERYTHING they did/are doing/could be doing/would be doing/why are they doing it/what does it mean/the list is ENDLESS.

Without trust there is NO relationship.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:30 PM

I scratch until I turn red as well, sometimes it's that bad. Also sometimes if it's a bug bite I will scratch until I bleed, bad habit but it happens.
    Krystleann06 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 25, 2009, 01:33 PM

Are his pupils really big and does he get nervouse really easily? If so, it could be drugs.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:37 PM

Had to spread the rep Rome but I do the same thing I mess myself up bad sometimes.

HotCakes do you think he is doing it because he wants to cut himself? Or do you think he might be doing drugs? I only ask about drugs because my cousin is all messed up on percocet and he is always scratching and his legs are always moving and he never shuts up. Hopefully you are just being over concerned.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 01:40 PM

My legs are always moving and I am always scratching, doing subconscience things. They are called tics, people do them out of nervousness, boredom, various reasons but they are the subconscience release of energy, not nearly anything to get concerned about.

Feb 26, 2009, 01:56 PM

Well, my thought was drugs at first, but I was thinking maybe he stopped and was going through withdraw or something, and I just wanted to ask to see if I was looking into it too deep or not, but I don't really know.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 02:01 PM

My husband does fidgety things like that all the time. It's just what he does. He's not on drugs or anything. He's OCD, but that's just how he is
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Feb 26, 2009, 02:16 PM

You're worried he's on drugs? He might have just been zoned out when you said hey, and I have a problem with scratching to I just scratch I don't notice and sometimes I do it to hard, its not to feel pain or anything sick just absent minded, and it doesn't hurt I'm just scratching too much. He might do the same. H might also have dry skin which is why he would have small scratches from scratching. Unless his whole body is covered, don't be worried. You can just ask him though if your worried he's on drugs or something ask him , look for signs. ASK HIM!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 02:37 PM

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

You have been suspicious a very long time, and should talk to him about it.
    oldenoughtoknow Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Feb 26, 2009, 04:50 PM

Sounds like classic anxiety and stress symptoms trust me I'm a sufferer and they're pretty common symptoms
    smalltowngal Posts: 43, Reputation: 22

Feb 26, 2009, 04:56 PM

Asking strangers to speculate on what someone they've never met is doing isn't going to get you any answers. You need to talk to HIM.
    VAN5090 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 26, 2009, 05:20 PM
    If he's doing drugs He won't admit to it, Just observe him some more If he has mode swings or is acting hyper or something then he might be on something, and a drug addict always wants money and is always broke . Or maybe he just has an allergy to something .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was my boyfriend wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a myspace account. And just about all my friends were guys and my boyfriend got pissed and started fighting with me about it. I the type of girl who gets along with guys better than girls and my boyfriend just didn't understand that. So just to make him happy and stop all the fight I just...

What's wrong with my boyfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

[ Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 solid years and we've been friends for 5. When we first got together we were pretty much just bed buddies. Now I'm lucky if I get it once a week and it usually only lasts for under 10 minutes. We go through stages of getting along like one week well be...

I want sex more than my boyfriend does, is there something wrong with me [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. And the sex life was great in the begginning, now that we have been together for a while now its kind have just been pushed to the side. I have a very high sex drive and enjoy trying new things and in new places, but we only have sex once a...

Is it wrong for me to not trust my ex-boyfriend with our daughter? [ 3 Answers ]

I have custody of our daughter (she lives with me), and my ex-boyfriend (her father) has in the past talked about killing himself, and the ways he could do it, he's also broken things that he owns (such as his digital camera) out of anger... should I get a lawyer? I do not trust him alone with her,...

View more questions Search