Feb 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
    What is 40% of 360
    What is 40%of 360?:confused:
    jameslrice Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 04:18 PM
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Please do not just answer people's homework problems for them. That is not what we're here for, and it doesn't help the person understand how to do the work.

twistgirl1, the number following the "OF" is your base. And you want a proportion part of it which equals 40% of it, or 40 parts out of 100. When you have the base and the rate, and need to solve for that proportional part, you must multiply the two numbers. Remember to move the decimal in your percent over 2 places.
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Feb 22, 2008, 09:16 PM
    To simplify that somewhat, to find a percentage you take the percentage that you want, multiply it by the number you have, and divide by 100. In this case, (40*360)/100. Which equals 144.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

PS3 or 360 [ 34 Answers ]

I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the...

Xbox 360 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was just playing my 36i went to turn it on then three flashing red lights appeared I checked the power cable and it was a green colour which meant it was fine. I was getting no picture though. Is it the AV cable or is it basically screwed

Watson 360 [ 4 Answers ]

What is a watson 360?

Bose and 360 [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought a new sony 50" lcd projection, and what I'm trying to do is hook up my 360 to my bose cinemate, what happening right now is it works while I'm watching TV but when I play a game I don't have surround sound. Any ideas

View more questions Search