Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Pump pressure switch does not shut off
    I just replaced the pressure switch on my pump. It's a deep well pump with a 20/40 switch. The switch does not shut the pump off when it reaches the forty psi level. In fact, the only way that we can turn the pump on or off is by unhooking the electrical connection.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 07:27 PM

Did u let the pump run above 40 PSI?

If not let it run to 60PSI.

When u replaced the switch, did u wire it the same as old switch? Are wires on the same terminals?

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusted switches, pressure good, pump won't shut off now [ 12 Answers ]

So I solved one problem, water pressure by adjusting the pressure switches as numerous threads suggested. Problem is the pump won't shut off now. Its my girlfriends place, it's a shallow well with a jet pump and bladder tank. The pressure gauge which is in line with the tank does not function...

Pump pressure switch [ 6 Answers ]

How do I adjust the pressure switch on a small water well pump, there are two adjustment screws one is larger than the other. Many thanks, M. Ruen

Jet pump will not shut off and pressure does not pass 40 psi [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Myers jet pump with 2 lines coming out. The pump sits approx 20 feet high from the lake source with a 70 foot run to the lake. Pump kicks in at 20 and rises to 40-42 and will not shut off unless I manually do it and the pressure will hold constant at 40 until the water demand brings it...

Pump pressure switch does not turn on with low pressure [ 0 Answers ]

I lost water in my home overnight. The pressure gage reads about 8 PSI. If I use the lever on the pressure switch to close the contacts, nothing happens. Actually, the pump controller box, makes a buzzing sound for a couple of seconds, but that's it. Does anyone have any thoughts? I don't...

Pump pressure switch for well pump [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if seomone can help me I have a pressure switch which has a little leak but I can't really tell how I could fix it doesanyone have any suggestions or pics on how to fix it

View more questions Search