Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traviesa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2005, 08:51 PM
    Help With A Compaq Presario 5000
    Hey everybody, my old neighbor gave me a compaq presario 5000 desktop before he left(no monitor,guides etc... just "the box") the problem is that every time I turn it on it starts loading up but then the screen turns blue and there is ths message on it.

"A problem has been detected & windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.
    Unmountable_boot_volume
    If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
    Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates U might need.
    if problem continues disable or remove ane newly installed hard ware or software.Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.
    Techinical information:
    Stop:0x000000ED(0x81203960,0xC0000032,0x00000000,0 x00000000)
    IF ANYBODY OUT THERE CAN HELP ME PLEASE DO I WANT TO GET THAT COMPUTER RUNNING. THANKS A lot
    ~TRAVIESA~ :p
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 11, 2005, 12:50 AM
    Well, if your lucky, you might be able to fix this without a reinstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q297185/
    http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/...html/aid/31417

But it is possible this may only be part of a larger problem (eg large parts of the filesystem are just corrupted :( ), in which case you'll probably have to reinstall windows.

Do you have a windows CD?
    traviesa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2005, 10:50 PM
    No I don't have one!!
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 14, 2005, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by traviesa
    no I don't have one!!!
    Ouch. This is the really sad thing about people who sell used computers. They are supposed to give you the original windows/recovery disc if they sell it with an installation of windows on the hard drive. :(

It looks like the above links require a disc to try it...

Well, I believe you're going to have to get a windows CD, somehow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compaq Presario cases ? [ 3 Answers ]

Are the cases for the Compaq Presario 5204 proprietary like the ones for Dell used to be. I have a motherboard that I want to install in a friends system and I need to know if it will fit. The mobo is based off the Intel 845G ATX chipset.

Compaq Presario [ 3 Answers ]

Compact Presairo computer does not want to accept NEC Multi Sync LCD1530V flatscreen . Tells me Video Input is Out of Range. H: 53.7 kHz V 95.1 Hz. The unfortunate part is that it runs Windows ME... yes I know sad isn't it... but it was given to me for free, so I can't complain. Any idea's on how...

Compaq Presario vs. Sony Vaio [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just bought a Compaq Presario 6027US for $80. It's a Pentium 4 Processor, 2.0 GHz, 512 Mb, PC 2100 DDR Total System Memory. It's 3 years old. Here's what confuses me, my laptop of about the same years is a Sony Vaio PCGFXA63. And this compaq presario is either equal to or better in...

Compaq Presario Monitor.. please help? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok,here's what's happened.. Or so I know of. My family bought my grnadmother a computer for her b-day last year.She has not had it too long. Recently when you boot the computer,the monitor goes straight to sleep mode. The button is not green,it is orange,and the keyboard lights dim as well....

Compaq Presario Boot Up? [ 11 Answers ]

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this post Hey folks, I have a compaq Presario 5000. I have windows Xp on it. Last week I loaded xp and everything worked OK. I shut it down and moved it to a desk where I thought it will be more suitable, plugged in the power cord. It came on for...

View more questions Search