Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjawacs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 05:52 PM
    Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists
    I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does this mean P-Trap?

I ran a snake down but unclear if it made correct angles for P-trap. I would persume if water stays in the pipe a p-trap exists. Let me know if I missed something. There is no DAP out hole so I would have to break concrete for tub overflow connection to drain connection, using the rough shower/bath pipe. Tx
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
    There should definitely be a P-trap down there if the pipes were roughed in properly, because (unless I am very much mistaken) a basement shower P-trap goes under the concrete, so it would make sense for it to have been installed as part of the rough-in.

Just my two cents. Maybe the real experts will disagree with me...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2006, 05:09 AM
    "Maybe the real experts will disagree with me."
    Not at all Palm. You hit the nail on the head. Jjawacs, you can stop wondering, you indeed have a "P" trap under the cement. And you are correct when you say that you'll have to create a dap out if you wish to install a tub. Good luck, Tom
    jjawacs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Tx
    Thanks for the quick response, just some elbow grease ahead now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trap [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a drain in my laundry room floor. What type of trap should I be using. The trap will not be getting normal use like a sink would. My fear is if I use a normal trap it will have a smell to if because lack of water running on a daily basis.

P trap [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I want to develop a basement bathroom that is diriectly under the main floor bathroom. The p trap from the main floor tub dips down about 4" below the bottom of my joists before curving back up to connect to a horizontal line that runs over to the main vented stack. I dont want to have...

Shower Where No Drain Exists [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install a shower in a bathroom which has a sink and toilet but no rough in for a shower. The problem is that the bathroom has a cement floor which is not cuttable. Any solution for an above ground drainage which connects in the sink/toilet?

DOS exists? [ 15 Answers ]

With your new operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), does DOS exist/run in the background? Thanks.

Is there a trap? [ 2 Answers ]

We are finishing a full bathroom in our basement/1st floor (it's about 18" below grade). The drains were roughed, but we actually had to move the tub drain a couple of inches to accommodate the tub/shower unit we bought. With the floor busted up you can see an elbow connected to a waste line,...

View more questions Search