Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truong81 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Short sale
    How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Short sale isn't a period, or a state that the property is in - like foreclosure. It's a description of the type of sale. Example: It was a full-price sale. Or It was a short sale. (meaning the lender is accepting less than what is owed on the property to satisfy the loan.)

Do you know how many payments behind the seller is? Different lenders will let things go for different lengths of time before they officially begin foreclosure proceedings. And, you could still have a short sale up to the moment a foreclosed property is auctioned off on the courthouse steps. Actually, many foreclosure sales are short sales come to think of it.

Did that help?

Karla
    P.S. Did you call your realtor, by the way?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relocated , Buy house before short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short...

Short Sale v. Foreclosure [ 4 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of advice! My husband and I bought our house in 2004 and have refinanced twice since then, due to medical bills, job loss, etc. My husband got taken for a real ride with this last refi he signed. We are currently in a negative am adding $2000 a month to our loan... we need...

FHA short sale [ 4 Answers ]

I sold my house over 4 years ago via a short sale because I had been laid off and could no longer afford to pay my monthly mortgage. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, Feb 22, 2007, from HUD saying that I owed them $4900. I can only assume that this is from the property that was sold 01/03,...

Short! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi pretty, Thanks for the reply even though I asked on skin care!! So,what think you; I'm 1.60m and I weigh 45kg. I live in an area where a little more flesh is considered more appealing, but I fear if I put on more weight I might not be carry it gracefully,since I'm short! My BMI is right for my...

Tall and short? [ 2 Answers ]

Im 15... Im like 5'8-5'9... yet my boyfriends is like 5'6... he's older then me... by like two years... does that look funny to you? I mean, I wouldn't break up with him... just because I'm tall and he is short.. Its just weird. I've never gone out with a guy shorter then me. Does anybody think it...

View more questions Search