Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arunavcd Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Regional Settings for DVD...
    Hi guys, my friend encountered a problem few days back while she moved from Malaysia to australia. When she wanted to play any DVD movie, she had to go through the regional settings one more time. When it was set as Malaysia, the DVD could not be played.
    Anyway, she changed the settings and played the DVDs that were bought in Australia. But in order to watch the previous ones (which were bought in Malaysia), she had to change the region to Malaysia. But this kind of changes can be made only for 3 times. So, what is she supposed to do?

Thanks a lot for any reply in anticipation.

Bye...
    BenReilly Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

Feb 21, 2007, 03:09 PM
    First option: Buy a little program like this one
    DVD Region+CSS Free - Watch & Copy Any DVD! Remove Region, CSS, ARccOS, etc.

Second option:
    Go to this website: The Firmware Page :: Index
    They offer firmwares/tutorials for a variety of DVD Roms to make them region free.

Be aware that a firmware update can surrender your dvd rom unfunctional. I did it to 2 of my dvd roms so far and never had a problem but still there is a risk involved.
    arunavcd Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2007, 02:55 AM
    Thanks, dude...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd compatibilty issues with older dvd players. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having problems with dvds not working on clients dvd players when they work on mine. I have looked into it and it would seem some dvd players have problems with high bitrates, so I have made a new dvd with a VBR of between 4800 and 6000, so there is not much peaking and is pretty low,...

Settings [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP on a Dell 2400. When I open a web page it only fills half of my desktop and I have to click in top righthand corner to enlarge it. Is there a setting which open the page fullscreen immediately?

Security settings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't seem to view pages when I click on pages for shopping or other sites that redirects me to a secure site. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Currently explorer is in 128 encription and all security settings in internet explorer option is selected (SSL, etc) and I can surf the web...

2 DVD Writers and 1 DVD Rom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Pent 4 with 512 ram, 60 gig HD. I would like to hookup my 2 DVD Burners so that I can make 2 copies at the same time from my DVD Rom.. Is this possible and what do I need to connect them? Appreciate any help folk... Oops, thanks folks, I discovered that this task can be performed...

Display Settings. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem changing my screen area size and colors on my display settings. The current color settings are 16 colors, and the screen size is 640 x 480. I've tried changing them both, and then a screen pops up and says that Windows must restart before the new settings take...

View more questions Search