Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knowispower Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Can a home test be wrong
    I am only four days late but I have exteme heart burn and I am exhausted. I have frequent urination and am very thristy, I am not diabetic, I checked my blood sugar already. I have taken two home pregnancy test one with morning urine and both are negative. They are the digital tests that say not pregnant... should I be worried about being pregnant?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
    It's a possibility... sometimes it can take awhile for the urine tests to pick up the hormone... can be several weeks even for some women, although usually it is much sooner. You might want to give it several more days and see what happens... your period might just be off this cycle.
    If still no period, try another test at that time, or you can contact your doctor for a test in the office. Most will use a urine test in the office anyway, so you can ask first and see if a blood test might be possible for a more definitive answer.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Your symptoms of pregnancy shouldn't be showing up that fast.

Wait a few more days, then take a 2-pack hpt in the morning.
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 01:37 PM
    >>>>Your symptoms of pregnancy shouldn't be showing up that fast.

You'd be surprised how early many women "know" that they are pregnant. Many of the early signs will be similar to a period about to come on, so some women are feeling them even before the period is due. They especially notice them when they are trying to get pregnant as they are watching for any possible indication of success... :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 01:38 PM
    I understand the intuition that women "know" when they're pregnant... but heart burn, thirst, frequent urination... these occur later in the pregnancy.

SO many women have come in the clinic thinking that they're pregnant as their breasts are sore, they're constantly exhausted, etc... then once the test results come out, these "symptoms" disappear miraculously. The mind is a wonderful thing...
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 02:33 AM
    >>>>I understand the intuition that women "know" when they're pregnant... but heart burn, thirst, frequent urination... these occur later in the pregnancy.

Usually most symptoms do occur later... but it does vary from woman to woman. For some, the hormonal changes early in pregnancy will cause them to notice some symptoms in the first few weeks. Three that I have seen the most that early are the exhaustion, frequent urination, and very tender breasts... particularily nipple tenderness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Positive home test,inconclusive docs test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, can anyone tell me if this has happened to them, I've already had a miscarriage and a stillbirth so I'm very worried, I done a home pregnancy test and it came back posative, 2 days later I handed a sample of urine into the docs, theyphoned me to say I would need to hand in another in 7...

4 EPT Home test with NEGATIVE. What's wrong wit me? [ 6 Answers ]

Dear... Me having spotting for a week and it start early than my period schedule. What's wrong? Could I am pregnant or what? I had 4 negative on EPT home test and still spotting with some of little red/brown discharge and white stretchy like egg :( . HELP PLEASSEE

Can pregnancy test be wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm 10 days late. As this has NEVER happened to me before I've done 2 pregnancy tests in the space of 2days. Both showed negative. Strangest thing is that my nipples were very sore (also NEVER happens) 2weeks ago. I'm super impatient, want a baby & I guess I'll just have to wait. Please...

Negative pregnancy test, could it have been wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I still be pregnant? On July 25th, I took a test and it came out negative. What was supposed to be the beginning of my next period came on August 26th. My period didn't really come down. Just I when I cleaned myself, there was some staining for about 2 days and stopped. Could I gotten a wrong...

Could my blood test be wrong [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am expected to get my period on the 31 of Augest... When I went to the doctor he offerd me a blood test for pregnancy... The first day of my last peroid was on the 3 of Augest. Is it just to soon for all of this... Do I have to wait or is the test right and I'm not pregnant? I took the...

View more questions Search