Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamdat909 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Black water pipe underneath bath tub, is that connected to bath?
    Hi, I'm taking apart my bath tub I guess its fiberglass I'm cutting it in pieces because I don't know any other to do it, but I saw that it has a black drainage pipe right in the middle of the tub underneath. Is that connected some how and can I cut around it or do I have to disconnect it from the wall?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 18, 2010, 04:35 PM

That "drainage pipe's ABS and it's my bet it connects to a trap that ties to the tub waste and overflow. Are you replacing the tub? If so, start by disconnecting the tub drain from the trap and do not cut the black drain pipe.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub faucet pipe extension [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I are re-doing a bathroom and after the tiling of the shower was complete we realized the copper pipe to connect the faucet was flush inside the wall. It doesn't stick out at all. It is literally flush with the tile. Is there an extension piece that can be used to bring the pipe...

Water underneath carpet in master bath [ 3 Answers ]

I woke up to find water soaking one side of my masterbath. My masterbath has carpet and it is soaked. The side that is soaked is the side with a toilet. The toilet has its own door and space. The toilet room is not wet but when we woke up it seemed that paper was clogged and finally got...

Ceiling water stain underneath shower and black pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed a water stain on my middle level ceiling below my upper level master bath shower. When I pulled up the drain cover in the shower I found the black pipe (lining) is disintegrating in pieces. Is there a relatively simple way to determine where the leak is coming from since it may be...

Bath tub drain pipe dripping sound after shower [ 6 Answers ]

After I use 2nd floor bath tub(shower pan), I hear a dripping sound inside the wall. The sound lasts long when the shower is taken long and it lasts short when the shower is short. Luckly (^^) I have not found any water mark on the kichen ceiling which is directly below the upstair bathroom and on...

No hot water in bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single knob on my bath tub that controls the hot and cold water. The cold water Will come out, but the hot water will not. There is hot water in the rest of the house and the same bathrooms sink.

View more questions Search