Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Benjamin70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Tax deductibilty of monthly brokerage fee
    My brokerage firm does not charge commissions on individual transactions instead I am charged a monthly brokerage fee. Is this monthly fee tax deductable from my investment gains. If so where do I report the brokerage fee on the IRS Form 1040
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 07:29 AM
    They are not deductible from your gains, but you can deduct these fees as a misc deduction, as long as the brokerage fee is for an account that generates income you have to report on your taxes (dividends, capital gains, etc). You report this on Schedule A, line 23. The deduction is subject to the 2% limit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car registration fee tax deductible? [ 4 Answers ]

Is the car reg. I paid tax deductible?

What is a reasonable fee for Tax Work? [ 6 Answers ]

What would be a reasonable fee to pay a consultant (CPA) whose work resulted in saving an organization (501c7) approximately 1 million dollars in tax liability based on his negotiating with the IRS? Should it be a commission based on the amount saved or a set fee? Also what if that consultant is...

Tuition fee and Tax for F1(CPT) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a postgraduate student under F1 visa and working fulltime for CPT(Curricular Practical Training). I wanted to file 2006 tax return but not sure whether to include the tuition fee or not. Am I eligible to include my tuition fee in the federal tax return?

College application fee = tax deductible? [ 1 Answers ]

Is college application fee tax deductible? How about AP, SAT test fees?

Legal Fee tax deduction [ 1 Answers ]

I went through a divorce in 2005. I spent about $10,000. The process covered everything from estate, tax issues, custody, and child support. What if any portion of this could be tax deductible?

View more questions Search