Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chloe Edwards Posts: 38, Reputation: 3
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 05:12 AM
    How to behave with your first date when you are matured
    Hello all I am going for the date for the first time with a boy I like and he likes me too.but I barely know him, don't get me wrong here; I've said "Yes" to him because first he is a good human and second he is a friend of my brother from last 1 year and my brother also admires him. How should I behave with him on a date and make him feel special ?As it is my "first date" so I don't know much about it ?I want to know how to have the healthy conversation ? I am 22 and the boy is 24 and we two are matured to maintain !
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2014, 06:43 AM
    Be yourself and only be yourself. Don't worry about trying to impress him at all. Just do what comes natural and you will be fine. First dates are always a little awkward so just act like yourself.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2014, 06:48 AM
    You can make a date feel special (though I don't see the need to do so) the same way you make any friend, store clerk, total stranger on a bus, anyone anywhere feel special: you show interest in them, encourage them to talk about themselves, and say complimentary things in response. If he says 'What about you?' you keep it just long enough to be real and just short enough to not take over the conversation.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 06:51 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...oy-796683.html

So you have decided to go against your parents and brothers wishes, or has something changed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:56 AM
    You are just yourself... how you date, depends on what culture you live in.

Here, a first date should always have a friend with you... in others a family member.. so what is your dating customes
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 08:02 AM
    How did you get permission to go on this date? I thought your parents would not permit it, according to your other thread -- https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ml#post3668937
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 08:03 AM
    You just be yourself and get to know him. That is what first dates are for. I don't know why you feel you need to make him feel special. Just be polite, and listen when he talks just as you would anybody.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2014, 09:32 AM
    There is a LOT of variance on what is and isn't acceptable on a first date... and not all of it culturally defined. You'd be shocked at many of the things that pass as acceptable some places, or a lot of those that I've personally had happen. Things that would give most parents nightmares.
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 07:10 PM
    I am not doing anything wrong by going out with this boy, it's just like going out with a friend as we're going to just to know each other that time !

I don't want to give nightmares to MY family but it is just I don't want to tell them right now.

And me and my mom are too friendly so after I decide to go along with that boy and THEN if I share my story with her I know she's not going to be mad at me.

In fact she'll support me !
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:15 PM
    How are you going to explain your absence?
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
    I go to gym so at that time I am going to go. But trust me I'm matured and know my limits and can maintain both relation my family and him !
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:28 PM
    So you will say you're going to the gym, but it really will be a date somewhere else.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:29 PM
    So you will be lying?
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 07:38 PM
    Lying is what that I'm not going to tell my family but I am hiding right now and after I come from the date and I and the boy find it to get along then we're going to tell mom but at least his family knows about me. And I've told my cousin sister that I'm going out with a boy ! As long as she knows me she allowed me.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 07:50 PM
    So, you will be lying. When your family finds out you will lose their trust. That will make life for you harder than it is already.
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 08:21 PM
    I'll prove you wrong, here in our culture*India* we (Girls) upfront can't say to our parents that I'm going for the date !
    Here, many people go by hiding and tell their parents if they want to go forward. I don't know why you saying that my life is going to be harder but I guess our culture is so different.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 08:26 PM
    So what is it you want from us? You asked for advice, it was given.

I don't see any need for this thread to remain open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to pay any taxes on with withdrawing an matured ira [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to pay any taxes on with withdrawing an matured ira

1099-B MAtured education Bond [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, An education bond was purchased for my son in 1990 that matured in 2007. The description of the bond is "Connecticut State Capital Appreciation college Savings Plan-A. What is his tax liability, if any, on this bond? Is there a way to use the funds to eliminate the liability? Is this a...

What age are you emotionaly matured [ 3 Answers ]

Hi read read a story and just wonted to no what age are you emotionally matured meaning what age can you be to fall in love with someone and would it be different if they were older than you

View more questions Search