Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 05:11 AM
    Found out a guy I met has a girlfriend and made me look like a fool.
    A guy I met has a girlfriend and made me look like a fool in front of my family I feel like a fool help
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 05:14 AM
    So? This happens all the time... women do that too, you just met him, there exists no expectation of mutual exclusivity until you have an engagement ring.

So you just don't see him again. That's life... you move on... you aren't OWED anything... and if you feel some NEED to get even... you lose any moral high ground you had, AND you would belittle yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 05:44 AM
    How long had you know the guy before you took him around your family?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 09:20 AM
    It happens. You now know he has a girl friend so leave him alone. To try and get even or stay with him would really make you look bad.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eim View Post
    A guy I met has a girlfriend and made me look like a fool in front of my family I feel like a fool help
    How were you to know if he didn't say anything? Had you been actually going out with him at all or just met him? If you've just met him, did you start telling people that you liked him before knowing more about him? Or did he keep knowledge of his girlfriend from you while acting interested in you? Two different situations.

One... if you jumped ahead after just meeting him, and without knowing more about him, then now you know to get to know someone better before allowing any feelings to develop too quickly.

Two... if he allowed to you believe that he was single, then he is the one who is a fool, and I would feel sorry for his girlfriend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just found out guy I'm sleeping with has a girlfriend! [ 2 Answers ]

I met this guy a few months ago through mutual friends. For the first couple of months, I would only hear from him maybe once a week, things were very casual at first. But in the last few weeks or so, I have been hearing from him almost daily. Random texts everyday, not necessarily to get together,...

If you met god. Or found a crystal ball [ 4 Answers ]

If you met god or for the non believers found a magic crystal ball, what would you ask? I would ask what is my purpose in life.

Made total fool of myself [ 50 Answers ]

I got in touch with an ex last week after 12 months to say sorry for the way I behaved towards him. I mean't what I said also, however last night I got thinking about him and sent him a text asking if he would like to meet up for a drink and chat sometime. He replied and said "why would I want to...

Want to get this guy out of my house as he is making a fool of my boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi every body, It’s my first question and I hope any body or some body can help me out of it. I live with my BF for about a year now and five month’s ago my BF’s friend came to stay with us and look for job in the same city. At first he told that as soon as he gets a job, he will rent his own...

View more questions Search