Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iliveforsoccer Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 03:05 PM
    Other kids from different elem. Schools going all into the same middle school
    How do you make friends that are guys but you're a girl and you don't want to be to close just friends and when you get to know them a little more maybe even more. Cause I'm starting middle school next year and I want some friends that are guys because I'm really atheletic and my friends can't keep up with me. Plus I'm really shy too.
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jun 3, 2008, 07:49 PM
    If you like the same things (like sports) then it will just happen. Be yourself and be socialble. Take the opportunities you get to hang out with people that seem to have similar interests. Also if you like athletics, get involved in a sports team of your choosing. The girls teams and guys teams always end up spending time together. It's a perfect way to make guy friends and some girl friends that have the same interests..
    kellyrocks Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Don't be shy.just try not to be I used be shy, now mostly the whole 7th grade knows me. Don't be nervous either go up to them and say hi I'm sally sue wats up.Get to know them.

the best thing not to do is freak out.
    taytortot Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliveforsoccer
    How do you make friends that are guys but you're a girl and you don't want to be to close just friends and when you get to know them a little more maybe even more. Cause I'm starting middle school next year and I want some friends that are guys because I'm really atheletic and my friends can't keep up with me. Plus I'm really shy too.
    I am in 7th grade now and I met some really cool guys I talk to them I just be hey watz up how's it going but just be yourself there's nothing wrong with hanging with th guys there really cool when you get to know them I am friends with all the guys but you got to be yourself your going into middle school don't be shy talk to them just be like hey!! If your shy you might never can get this down I was shy in the beginning but I reached a level to when life is just fun you got to make it fun so don't be shy don't worry I know you I hope I can help you
    have fun!!

-tay :)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Talk sports to them it should be a sure win/win situation and if you are pretty good at sports that should win their respect too.
    wifemomteacher Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Great question & believe it or not a lot of the other new 6th graders, boys & girls, have the same question! Most 6th grade boys just want to be friends with girls at this age. Yes, there are always the ones that are girl crazy, but they are the minority in 6th gr. Just be yourself and get involved in school activities such as sports, clubs, etc. Most boys will be glad to meet a girl who loves sports & isn't boy crazy just yet.

wifemomteacher
    6th grade science teacher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarships for private elem school [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to obtain a scholarship for a gifted 8 years old who wants to attend a private elementary school. Much Appreciate any advice, Lina K.

Financial aid for private elem. School [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to obtain a scholarship for a gifted 8 years old who wants to attend a private elementary school. Much Appreciate any advice, Lina K.

Are there any scholarships for gifted kids in elem [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any scholarships for gifted kids in elem. School

School Uniforms in High Schools [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am writing an essay and I as wondering what people thought about school uniforms in high schools. Please reply and help me out thanks!! :)

View more questions Search