Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaosouayang Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Why are children safer in the back seat of a car than in the front seat?
    Need as soon as possible
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2012, 01:02 AM
    There are several reasons children are safer in the back than the front seat. First of all, most air bags are made to protect adult passengers. Due to the difference in size between adults and children, the air bag would impact the child differently if deployed and could injure or kill them. Airbags deploy with a great deal of force and this force is dangerous to children.

The main reason that I am aware of though, is that most accidents are frontal accidents. In a frontal accident the rear seat takes the least amount of force from a frontal crash - in particular the middle rear seat. I know this because my Dad owned his own Insurance Investigation company and he taught me well. :)

Hope this helps!

Hugs, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car seat [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone if you are meant to have a baby car seat in a peogout 206 cc in front or at back? Read some articles on peogout and it says the front just to deactivate the air bag.. but I'm 100% convinced to have a baby in front even if maybe the car is designed to have it in front. Any ideas? ...

Car will only start with dog in front seat [ 7 Answers ]

Too funnny... Dog eats immobiliser chip, car will only start with dog in front seat - Ford Mustang Forums

Mouse in Car Seat [ 1 Answers ]

I think I have a decomposed mouse in the drivers's seat somewhere in the upholstery of my 2003 Toyota Camry. Is there a way to get the seat apart to see if it's in there? Is this something I can do myself or do I need to take it somewhere? Thanks much--it reeks to high heaven.

Front facing car seat? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this. My daughter is about 14 and 1/2 months old. She's only 18 lbs. 3 oz. and about 30 inches tall. I still have her in the rear facing infant carseat cause she's supposed to be a year old AND at least 20 lbs. to go into a forward facing booster...

View more questions Search