Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scomerford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 09:15 AM
    What's Risk Aversion
    What does risk aversion refer to? An investors willingness to buy investments with less certain, but higher, returns ?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 11, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scomerford
    What does risk aversion refer to? An investors willingness to buy investments with less certain, but higher, returns ?
    The tendency of investors to avoid risky investments. So, if two investments offer the same expected yield but have different risk characteristics, investors will choose the one with the lowest variability in returns. If investors are risk averse, higher-risk investments must offer higher expected yields. Otherwise, they will not be competitive with the less risky investments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Risk A Friendship? [ 15 Answers ]

I just finished my senior year of high school and have been best friends with this AMAZING guy since I was in elementary school. We developed strong feelings for each other and decided to take a risk(on our strong friendship) and see if dating could work. At first, it was going great until I...

Risk of Hepatitis [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get Hepatitis by sharing a cigarette with someone?

Risk factors [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I would like to ask you, if you know what risk factors should be considred when dealing with retirement plans such as 401k in particularly

View more questions Search