Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Comes from the Greek word "euangelion" which means "good news". So evangelism is telling people the good news that they can receive forgiveness of sins, escape judgement for sin, and have a relationship with God through faith in Christ. Kind of like what John 3:16 says.
    You had to google that, didn't you. *smirk* Btw, we're all going to be judged.
    Never said it did.
    Yes, you have. Often.
    Why would you want to do that?
    Being facetious, are we???
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 11:18 AM
    You had to google that, didn't you. *smirk* Btw, we're all going to be judged.
    Actually, only to make sure my spelling was right. I remember that word from my Greek class since our instructor made a really big deal out of it and wanted us to spell it "ev" rather than "eu". Don't recall why. At any rate, if you had ever studied Greek, then "evangelism" jumps off the page. It's a transliteration.

Yes, you have. Often.
    Find it. I have never said, "to raise one's voice as fundies are wont to do with their bullhorns and shouting into the faces of those they consider lost and doomed to eternal hellfire," or anything close to it. I don't use a bullhorn or shout into faces. I don't suggest others do.

Being facetious, are we???
    No. I am interested in your moral (or practical) reasoning for trying to lead women, in whatever manner, away from out of wedlock births. Why do you do that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 11:43 AM
    Find it. I have never said, "to raise one's voice as fundies are wont to do with their bullhorns and shouting into the faces of those they consider lost and doomed to eternal hellfire," or anything close to it. I don't use a bullhorn or shout into faces. I don't suggest others do.
    Your post #306: "It starts with me raising my voice."
    No. I am interested in your moral (or practical) reasoning for trying to lead women, in whatever manner, away from out of wedlock births. Why do you do that?
    I almost fell off my chair when reading this. Why indeed!

I've also led many workshops to help people job hunt, fill out job applications and put together resumes, and be comfortable during job interviews (by roleplaying and with skits).
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 12:54 PM
    Post 306 read, "It starts with me raising my voice. It could continue with you raising your voice. We could try and sway public opinion. That's where this kind of thing always starts." We were discussing social policy, not the gospel. You know, that is perilously close to flat out deceit. You know full well I was not talking about preaching with a bullhorn. Shame on you. Very disappointing.

I almost fell off my chair when reading this. Why indeed!
    Did you almost fall off your chair because, as usual, you are afraid to answer the question?

I've also led many workshops to help people job hunt, fill out job applications and put together resumes, and be comfortable during job interviews (by roleplaying and with skits).
    I commend you. Really.

I wonder if the ever declining membership of your Lutheran Church has to do with your rejection of evangelism?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 01:04 PM
    I wonder if the ever declining membership of your Lutheran Church has to do with your rejection of evangelism?
    The declining membership is because it's too literal and conservative, stuck in its ways, and outdated in its approach to younger people. For those reasons and more, I long ago left it.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 01:07 PM
    So you are no longer a Lutheran? You've been saying you are a Lutheran, but now you're saying you're not.

Just out of curiosity, what are your principles of hermeneutics when reading the Bible, in particular as it relates to when to take a passage figuratively or literally?
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 02:32 PM
    And you want to talk about Trump being dumb. Here's a new standard. "Seattle Mayor Durkan: CHAZ Has A 'Block Party Atmosphere," Could Turn Into "Summer Of Love'"

I wonder if the people in that neighborhood feel the same way?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/12/seattle_mayor_durkan_chaz_has_a_block_party_atmosp here_could_turn_into_summer_of_love.html?fbclid=Iw AR3y3WNs7MLnsN3uVAmg4L8bC7wGYkZ2_fjKnhmu26BhduWgK3 _gBQEYP3E
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 03:58 PM
    And you want to talk about Trump being dumb. Here's a new standard. "Seattle Mayor Durkan: CHAZ Has A 'Block Party Atmosphere," Could Turn Into "Summer Of Love'"

I wonder if the people in that neighborhood feel the same way?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/12/seattle_mayor_durkan_chaz_has_a_block_party_atmosp here_could_turn_into_summer_of_love.html?fbclid=Iw AR3y3WNs7MLnsN3uVAmg4L8bC7wGYkZ2_fjKnhmu26BhduWgK3 _gBQEYP3E
    Let the locals handle there own business. No looting, no burning, no deaths or injuries. Occupy Wall Street lasted months.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2020, 05:02 PM
    Occupy Wall Street was confined to trespassing and vadalizing a public park and that was bad enough. These people are violating the rights of citizens who have their homes and their businesses in the occupied zone . It is completely different . They also have a right to have their life liberty and property protected . That is the primary function of government . Seattle has abdicated it's responsibilities as has the state .
    Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 05:04 PM
    Let the locals handle it!
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 05:05 PM
    Let the locals handle there own business. No looting, no burning, no deaths or injuries. Occupy Wall Street lasted months.
    I wonder if your response would have been the same if this had been handled by "Mayor Trump"?
    Expert

Jun 13, 2020, 05:06 PM
    Let the locals handle it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2020, 06:59 PM
    since there is no police presence ;as a resident I would have no option but to "handle it " . If the occupiers are not subject to the law ,am I ?
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2020, 07:05 PM
    If the occupiers are not subject to the law ,am I ?
    That's a really good question.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2020, 02:11 AM
    Then there is this .... Dr. Deborah Birx, on a conference call with the nations governors disclosed that 70 c-19 testing sites had been destroyed during the Floyd peaceful protests, and there had been a resultant drop in testing. She said there will have to be a "scramble " to replace those sites because she believes cases of infections will spike in areas where the protests occurred .

What ? You didn't hear that as the lead story ?I bet you would've had this happened a week earlier when real peaceful protests by business owners who wanted to open up had destroyed the testing sites .
    Expert

Jun 14, 2020, 02:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    since there is no police presence ;as a resident I would have no option but to "handle it " . If the occupiers are not subject to the law ,am I ?
    Same question I ask Tom, if the elite and elected and the badged and armed aren't subject to the law, then why am I?

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Then there is this .... Dr. Deborah Birx, on a conference call with the nations governors disclosed that 70 c-19 testing sites had been destroyed during the Floyd peaceful protests, and there had been a resultant drop in testing. She said there will have to be a "scramble " to replace those sites because she believes cases of infections will spike in areas where the protests occurred .
    Those darn criminal elements.

What ? You didn't hear that as the lead story ?I bet you would've had this happened a week earlier when real peaceful protests by business owners who wanted to open up had destroyed the testing sites .
    Leaked to the Daily Caller is all I know, but for sure if it was business owners doing criminal acts we sure would have heard about it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2020, 03:59 AM
    no concern then that the loss of the sites in the minority communities, and the risks the protests have as stated by both Birx and Fauci ,will give the virus a boost in minority communities ? More deaths will result from that than police brutality .
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2020, 04:55 AM
    The only minority deaths that count are the ones lost at the hands of the police. Otherwise, no one seems interested.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2020, 05:36 AM
    Is it a subtle form of racism at work when a completely innocent white woman is shot and killed by a black police officer in Minneapolis (2019) and not a single person turns out to protest the shooting or burn a building, but when a black man is killed by a white officer the protests are large and turn violent?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2020, 06:05 AM
    Is it a subtle form of racism at work when a completely innocent white woman is shot and killed by a black police officer in Minneapolis (2019) and not a single person turns out to protest the shooting or burn a building, but when a black man is killed by a white officer the protests are large and turn violent?
    But jl surely you know black lives matter and the death of a white woman is of no concern to a black

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a bigger problem than I been addressing it as? [ 3 Answers ]

I married 8 months ago at the age of 20. We met online and talked for 2 years and then married only 2 months after meeting. I So I moved from the northwest all the way to the southeast to lie with him in his family's house. We knew before we married that we shared opposing religious beliefs. His...

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Getting fit and bigger [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle...

View more questions Search