Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmike5171 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2013, 07:06 PM
    Cost of visa and passport in Ghana
    My girlfriend lives in gahna and needs passport and visa to come to usa how much will this cost and can I do this from here
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 07:07 PM
    Have you ever met her in person? You are bring scammed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Please read through this --

Romance Scams | Embassy of the United States Accra, Ghana
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 07:20 PM
    First I bet it is not a girl friend, it is some person, ( may not even be a girl most of the time) you chat with or message with on the computer. You meet her on skype or some message board or though an email ?

After about 1 month to 3 months of chatting she is deeply in love with you and wants to come to the US.
    But the issue is she has no money.

The real cost of a passport and visa is about 300 US dollars. The passport comes from Ghana and takes about 1 to 3 weeks. The tourist visa would come from US immigration though embassy in Ghana and take about 2 weeks currently after she gets passport.

It has to be a tourist visa since you can not get one to be married at this point, you have to meet in person, spend time together and establish a relationship. Before they allow this.

In real life, they have rooms of 20 to 30 people, and work 3 shifts a day, sending out emails to 1000's of people a day, when someone responds they use scripts written over years of what will or will not work. And anything you suggest they have a answer for.

Normally after the passport money they ask for money for medical, or for travel allowance which is not needed now. But they have links to old government sites they copied when some of that was needed years ago. Next the person will get robbed or ill and need more money, or they will have to pay off someone at immigration.

This is the basic dating scam.

Do you skype live with this person ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Let's not forget the photoshopped passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does a visa and passport cost in ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if I could purchase a visa and passport with a credit card for a person that live's in Ghana, I stay in the United States, I don't want to send money to the person, thinking it maybe a scam.

How much does a visa and a passport from ghana to u.s. cost [ 5 Answers ]

How much does a visa and a passport from ghana to u.s. cost?

How much does it cost for a passport and visa in Ghana? [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know how much it costs for a passport in Ghana and how much it costs for a Visa in Ghana?

What is the cost of a passport and visa from ghana to the you.s.a. [ 3 Answers ]

The cost of a passport and visa from ghana to the u.s. for 2 months?

Cost of Passport and visa in ghana [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cost for a ghana citizen to get a passport and visa to travel to the united states

View more questions Search